We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Swimming water quality

Amherstburg, Canada
Level Contributor
870 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Swimming water quality

Since we live in an area of Ontario that is subject to frequent beach advisories due to poor water quality, I always try to research the bodies of water in the area we are interested in camping at.

We are planning to stay at the park this summer in our r.v., which would put us at one of 5 c.g.'s that accomodate r.v.'s.

So, any poor water tests ever?

Royal Palm Beach...
Destination Expert
for Algonquin Provincial Park
Level Contributor
1,760 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Swimming water quality

I have never heard of a beach advisory due to poor water quality in Algonquin Park. The lakes are generally clear, clean and cold. Unless you are in an area of stagnant water like a marsh or bog there should be nothing to worry about as far as swimming and the quality of the water. . Except for the middle of the summer the water may tend to be a little colder than you are used to and dive down 5 or 10 feet in most lakes and the water is really cold.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Algonquin Provincial Park
Level Contributor
1,640 posts
1,200 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Swimming water quality

To the best of my knowledge I have never heard of an advisory but I do most of my swimming deeper in the park. The park office is a good place to check but I would be surprised if there was a problem.\

Amherstburg, Canada
Level Contributor
870 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Swimming water quality

Thanks for the replies. I figured the water would be fine, but had to check to be sure. I'll call the park office to confirm.

4. Re: Swimming water quality

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:27 am, April 19, 2013