We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which campground would be best for us??

Which Algonquin Provincial Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Woodstock, Canada
1 post
Save Topic
Which campground would be best for us??

This will be our first time ever going to Algonquin Park and I was wondering if anyone can tell me the best campground to reserve. We'll have two 14 yr old boys with us that enjoy soccer and will more than likely want the room to kick a ball around. I've read that the Lake of Two Rivers has a decent beach which the boys would definitely use. The boys (including my husband) will want to do alot of fishing as well. I myself want a campground with privacy, beautiful view and trails to walk/bike on! Do any of the campsites have boat rentals? I need to know of a campground that has a little bit of everything! Thanks so much for your help!

We'll be sleeping in tents as well if that makes a difference in which campground is better!

Edited: 8:26 pm, May 14, 2011
Royal Palm Beach...
Destination Expert
for Algonquin Provincial Park
Level Contributor
1,749 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which campground would be best for us??

Everybody has their favorite. I like Canisbay. It has a nice beach, the sites are generaly more private and they are away from the highway 60 noise. I have however seen negative reviews where some one got the last site near a washroom. Others like Lake of Two Rivers because of its proximity to a store or Rock Lake because of its sites on the beach.As for rental boats none of the campsites in the highway 60 area have them. You can however rent a canoe from the Portage Store and they have scheduled deliveries to the campgrounds or they will put the canoe on your car top with a couple of brackets, Check out the webse for Algonquin Paek to see the layout of each campground and the Portage Store for Canoe rentals. Enjoy

algonquinpark.on.ca/

portagestore.com

2. Re: Which campground would be best for us??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:21 am, May 18, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Algonquin Provincial...