We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Helpful tips for the Park visit

Which Algonquin Provincial Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Helpful tips for the Park visit

I and my friends are planning to make a 3 day trip to Algonquin park in October to see the fall colours. We are planning to stay at the Blue Water Acres Cottage resort. Any helpful tips or suggestions are highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
13,856 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Helpful tips for the Park visit

Hi Sslny,

You haven't stated the timeframe of your visit. Colours will be at the peak from now until Thanksgiving... with the show decreasing as the time goes on or we get a lot of rain.

Cheers!

Wine-4-2

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Helpful tips for the Park visit

Hi Wine-4-2

I missed that out. We are going over the Thanksgiving Long weekend so I hope we will be able to see the best of colours.

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
71,111 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Helpful tips for the Park visit

Hisslny;

Ontario Tourism issues a Fall Colours Progression Report each Tuesday and Friday.

ontariotravel.net/publications/fallcolourrep…

From Tuesday’s report;

“The Algonquin Park area is an extremely popular fall colour

destination. The highway 60 corridor is offering a 70 to 80% colour change at this time and it is certainly a good time to tour the park.”

With the colours at 70 to 80%, I wouldn’t wait too much longer to visit the area. Check tomorrow's report for an update.

Best Regards

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Helpful tips for the Park visit

Thanks Rescue Team. I guess we are going at the right time then.

Any reviews on the Blue water acres resort.

5. Re: Helpful tips for the Park visit

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:22 am, October 11, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Algonquin Provincial...