We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

OK rent a car desk at Palma

wirral
Level Contributor
1,274 posts
100 reviews
Save Topic
OK rent a car desk at Palma

We looked at Sixt but could not warrant paying £200+more for a car with them, Opted instead for eRentals, who have given sent me a voucher for Atlas who then say go to OK desk to collect car. I have looked everywhere and cant find any info re OK. Any info would be helpful please? Thanks

The 365 Calvari Steps
Lookouts, Scenic Walking Areas, Points of Interest & Landmarks
Placa Major
Points of Interest & Landmarks
281 replies to this topic
Madrid, Spain
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
71. Re: OK rent a car desk at Palma

VORSICHT!!!! mit dieser Autovermietung - OK Rentacar:

Auch wenn auf den ersten Blick der Preis einer der günstigsten ist, kommt die Überraschung, wenn Du das Auto abholst und zu dem Mietpreis verschiedene Aufschläge für Versicherungen, Pannenhilfe und voller Benzintank fällig werden. In unserem Fall kam die böse Überraschung noch bei Rückgabe des Fahrzeuges, wo eine kleine Abschürfung entdeckt wurde, die bei Übergabe des Fahrzeuges lt. Mietfirma nicht vorhanden war. Hierfür wurden uns 140 EUR einbehalten. Die Stelle war so klein und kaum mit dem blossen Auge zu erkennen, dass es fast unmöglich ist, dass die Firma nicht schon vorher davon wusste. Wir hatten den Wagen bei Annahme überprüft und nichts festgestellt. Aus unserer Sicht ist das ein Versuch, die Leute hereinzulegen, vor allem, wenn noch sprachliche Verständigungsschwierigkeiten dazukommen und letztendlich zahlt man mehr als bei anderen Autovermietungen. Ausserdem befinden die Büros sich nicht direkt am Flughafen und man muss einen Shuttlebus benutzen.

Aus unserer Sicht, ein schlechter Service und Abzocke!

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
72. Re: OK rent a car desk at Palma

Do not use if at all possible. They may be cheaper than other rental companies but they have a lot of scams. We returned last week from Mallorca having used OK. Firstly we booked an Economy car and had to prepay the fuel, they charged us 97Euros for a Renault Clio!! We did not want to take out the extra insurance they tried to make you get as I have rented cars in Mallorca for over 10 yrs and have never had any problems whatsoever. As we wouldn't take it out they blocked 600Euros from my credit card as a deposit! I am still waiting for this to be returned to me a week after coming home.

One word of advise is to take photographs of every panel of the car and the interior as they now give you a sheet of paper with the charges if you scratch or damage in any way. Another scam! They do not check the car over before they hand it to you for damage, so its your responsibility to check it. They only check the car over when you return it! reporting scratches. Fortunately I was wise to this and took about 20 photos of the car before I drove away.

The staff are rude and aggressive to deal with. They are relatively new to Mallorca and needless to say will not be using again. The shuttle bus I have to say was there when we arrived and the driver was very pleasant. They now have 2 buses.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
73. Re: OK rent a car desk at Palma

Try Doyouspain.com they are the cheapest by far, but check who your supplier is. Do not use OK.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
49 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
74. Re: OK rent a car desk at Palma

Doyouspain is NOT a rent a car! cheapest on top are the same ones you are complaining (Gold Car's, Record's, Ok's...).

Milan, Italy
1 post
Save Reply
75. Re: OK rent a car desk at Palma

Do NOT choose OK rent a car in Mallorca for any reasons!

They say you first a price that doesn't include lots of things! A mandatory kind of insurance, a full of gasoline....

We gave back them a car after a week in perfect conditions and, at the end, we had to pay 40 € more for a ridiculous supposed damage that we absolutely did't make!

Much better one of the little bit more expensive but more earnest famous brand...

1 post
Save Reply
76. Re: OK rent a car desk at Palma

Alle mine problemer startet da jeg skulle levere bilen.

Jeg kom 4 mai 2013 kl 0740. De skulle ha 30 EURO vist jeg skulle sjekke inn bilen før kl 0800. Ingen kundeservice i det hele tatt.

Da jeg omsider fikk sjekket inn bilen, fant de en ripe som de mener jeg har laget på 3mm, dette skulle de ha 80 EURO for.

Etterhvert denne morgenen, som flere kom for å levere inn bilebne, opplevde flere kunder det samme, det ble etterhvert høy diskusjon blandt kundene og de ansatte.

Flere som kom for å leie bil, men valgte og gå til et annet firma, da de skjønte hva som villle komme.

Jeg har fremdeles ikke mottatt mitt depositum fra firmaet, og har sendt en purring.

JEG KOMMMER ALDRI TIL Å BRUKE DETTE FIRMAET IGJEN, OG VIL ABSOLUTT IKKE ANBEFALE FIRMAET TIL ANDRE!.

1 post
Save Reply
77. Re: OK rent a car desk at Palma

Please check this car as if you are buying it. They will try the dirty car trick, which hides the small scratches they WILL find upon return. Make sure you note all existing damage on the check list (which you have to ask for) and I would advise circling all the wheel rims and wing mirrors just in case. Good luck.

Newcastle upon...
1 post
Save Reply
78. Re: OK rent a car desk at Palma

Beware of these rouges - they are out to con you. How I wish I had read these reviews before I had been scammed by OK car rentals. We arrived back from Palma today incandescent with rage over the way OK treated us. They will try and charge you for even the tiniest of scratches if you have not indicated them on your diagram when collecting the car and will even dispute those you did indicate! Avoid this company like the plague, they have said they will take 270 Euros from our credit card for three tiny scratches we did not identify on their diagram when they handed the car over to us, after a huge wait, because we did not agree to take out their extra insurance.

Edited: 11:50 am, May 12, 2013
Benidorm, Spain
Level Contributor
505 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
79. Re: OK rent a car desk at Palma

Just do what we did ring credit card show details of car hire ie what you paid and then dispute the extra charge saying it was taken afte you left and you know nothing about it as long as you did not sign the sheet to say you agreed with there findings! Work for me

London, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
80. Re: OK rent a car desk at Palma

Ok Rent-A-Car in Palma de Mallorca, has to be the worst experience ever head while renting a car.

I travel for work a lot and probably rent around 30 cars per year so I'm experienced in the different business models out there. I understand the budget model where a low price is advertised and charged and then optional extras are pushed when you collect the car. I was fully prepared for the 'full tank of fuel-empty return, insurance coverage ETC'.

I wasn't prepared for was the distance from the Airport we had to travel to the rental office (it says a few minuets on the booking form), not being unable to get through the local office on the telephone to get clearer directions of the meeting area and then the reckless driving of the mini bus driver. The driving of the mini bus driver was so dangerous on both arrival and departure I made a point of getting the drivers name as it was the same person on both journeys(Raul). As I said, I have travelled all over the world and different countries driving would not normally concerned that this man is driving was dangerous and put all of the passengers at risk.

When I finally arrived at the rental office to collect the car I queued for two hours in the sunshine. I am 36 years old and it was not an issue that there were elderly and families with children that had to wait in the Spanish sun with no shade or seating.

The level of service was appalling. Apart from being painfully slow (generally because every customer was unhappy due to extra charges that were placed on their order) the staff were obviously unhappy and undertrained. This level of bad organisation always impacts on the minimum wage staff that they employ.

I did however finally managed to get my car and the rest of the week was fine until I had to return to the office. Again, the office was a shambles and the staff highly stressed and there were queues out of the door at 8:15 in the morning. There were lots of other customers arguing about extra charges and many people disgruntled because they needed to get back to the airport but there was only one driver. I was then told that I was going to be charged (€30) for a missing aerial (not sure if it was there or not) and €60 because there was a scratch on one of the wheels. I then proceeded to rub away the (tiny) scratch with my finger but the attendants refused to accept that it was only dirt and could be cleaned off. His excuse was it had to be sent away to be specially polished. I have attached pictures where you can see

In summary, okay Rentacar makes Ryan air look like FirstClass on British airways. It is an obvious disingenuous business model where they pry on people that are out of their comfort zone to collect extra money. It is highway robbery and a reputable company like Do you Spain should not be using them as supplier.

Reply to: OK rent a car desk at Palma
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Pollenca