We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus tour companies at Nafplio

Cupertino...
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Topic
Bus tour companies at Nafplio

I'm traveling with son to Nafplio and trying to find out whether I can do a day drip to Hydra, Delphi and other Peloponnesian sites through a bus/ferry touring company. My internet search is not finding any tour operators from Nafplio. Internet search is finding only bus tour operators from Athens.

Stavanger, Norway
Level Contributor
617 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus tour companies at Nafplio

As far as I know - and I live in Nafplio parts of the year - there are no such company doing regular tours to the mentioned sights.

To go to Hydra/Paros/Monemvasia, contact Pegasus Cruises. They are stationed in Tolo, 9 km from Nafplio, and offer day cruises, but not every day. One of the owners is American, so you can write them in English: http://www.pegasus-cruises.gr

You can also arrange for private guided tours to places like Mycenae, Epidavros etc, but only by phone, as far as I can see from a leaflet I got yesterday. Also, Maria the taxi driver can drive you to your sights of choice, but can not guide you. I'll post phone no if you are interested.

Some sights can be reached by bus, see here: http://www.visitnafplio.com

Cupertino...
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus tour companies at Nafplio

What is the best option to get to Delphi from Nafplio if I'm not driving. I read in looney planet , there is Bourtzi tour company at Nafplio. Ant leads ?

Stavanger, Norway
Level Contributor
617 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus tour companies at Nafplio

You don't need a tour company to go to Bourtzi, see here for details:

visitnafplio.com/visitnafplio.com/Nafplio/En…

Getting from Delfi to Nafplio without a car is time-consuming. You can take the bus to Stathmos Kiffisos in Athens, then a taxi to Stathmos Liosion, then a Delphi bus from there.

The Nafplio - Athens bus takes 2 hours and a bit, the Athens Delphi bus takes 3 h and a bit. So you see, this is not possible in a day.

OR, join a organised tour from a travel agency in Athens, go to Athens centre by bus + bus or bus + metro. But you will probably have to leave the day before, as the tour bus will leave early.

I have, now and again, seen travel agencies in Nafplio and Tolo hangig up handmade signs telling about a bus trip to Delphi on a certain day. If you are desperate to see Delphi, you could contact them, maybe you are in luck!

Delphi is lovely, but only you can know if a trip is worth all the hassle, especially since you have such a plethora of sights in and close to Nafplio.

Stavanger, Norway
Level Contributor
617 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bus tour companies at Nafplio

I must add: Most of the tourists in Nafplio are either Greeks, who have their own cars or are on an organized tour, or cruise ship passengers that have their own tours arranged for them and only them.

So you see, not many tourists will come to Nafplio actually wanting a day trip to, e.g., Delphi, and thus the local companies don't offer them, or at least offer them very seldom.

Stavanger, Norway
Level Contributor
617 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bus tour companies at Nafplio

Here is another company offering tours for individuals and small groups

http://www.argolidalife.gr/ενημέρωση/αργολικά-νέα-ειδήσεις/τοπικά-επιχειρηματικά-νέα/1353-have_a_guide

Halifax, United...
Level Contributor
145 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bus tour companies at Nafplio

The boat trip from Tolo to Hydra goes on a Monday & Wednesday, the cost is €34 pp. I can't remember the sailing time but I think it is around 8am.

7. Re: Bus tour companies at Nafplio

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, June 05, 2014