We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alternative to Kardamyli ?

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
589 posts
76 reviews
Save Topic
Alternative to Kardamyli ?

We loved Kardamyli and are looking for a holiday for 2010 which can compare with this lovely village - quiet with a (preferably pebble) beach and several tavernas where we can get a bite to eat.

We prefer to travel independently so have no need for a package.

I've done lots of reseach but as there a thousand and one places to consider in Greece I'd be really grateful for other travellers suggestions please.

Bakewell, United...
Level Contributor
539 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Alternative to Kardamyli ?

Have you thought about Armenistis on the island of Ikaria...its a lovely small village with 2 fantastic beaches, very few tourists, a few tavernas, a bakery and a small supermarket and not much else...heaven

We have just booked for our first holiday in Kardamyli this September after hearing so many good things about the place (any recommendations please for tavernas, walks etc)

David & Wendy

Bakewell

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
589 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Alternative to Kardamyli ?

It looks lovely and thanks for the recommendation

republic of scotland
Level Contributor
774 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Alternative to Kardamyli ?

There IS no alternative to Kadamili Sue ! You can kid yourself on, but I reckon you're hooked ! You'll be back.............

Seriously, hope you find somewhere really nice for a wee change. We always thought of ourselves as fairly well travelled and didn't take well to the idea of going back to the same place, but as I think you know, it's special to us having got engaged and married there, and we now talk about our potential holidays as Kardamili and where else ? It's a given. :D

Molaoi, Greece
Destination Expert
for Naxos, Peloponnese
Level Contributor
3,854 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Alternative to Kardamyli ?

Horto in Pelion is a very pretty fishing village with a pebble beach and some nice tavernas and is well suited to independent travellers. The whole area of Mount Pelion is very beautiful with two coastlines, lovely green mountain scenery and old villages with unique architecture to explore.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
589 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Alternative to Kardamyli ?

I'm still looking but Kardamyli keeps beckoning but who knows...thanks for the suggestions though

6. Re: Alternative to Kardamyli ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, October 12, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Kardamili
Recent Conversations