We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Scooter / moped rental in Plakias?

Amsterdam, The...
1 post
Save Topic
Scooter / moped rental in Plakias?

Hi, we'll be staying in Plakias this July and are thinking of renting scooters. Can anyone recommend a place to rent scooters? Any idea about rates? And would you consider it safe to rent scooters?

Thanks for your feedback!

Rethymnon, Greece
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
2,651 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Scooter / moped rental in Plakias?

Hi

A well known rental company that operates in Plakias too is Alianthos.

Check the following site to see rates and other info.

I'm sure there others and probably have even better prices but I'm unaware of.

Washingon DC area
Level Contributor
1,776 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Scooter / moped rental in Plakias?

If you're comfortable on two wheels, I'd say it's safe to rent scooters. Just keep to the right, look into your rear view mirror frequently, and go into blind curves with caution.

I've rented scooters from FaberRentals twice in recent years. The first time the rate was 10 euros a day for 25 days, the following year about 12 euros a day for 16 days. Both were in the 150-200 range. I'd originally planned on a 300 cc bike for 19 euros a day, but they talked me out of it and guaranteed that a 150 (Piaggio x8 150) would be sufficient. It was - easily reached 100 kph, which was the top of my comfort level. It was also large enough to be comfortable on the National Road.

Rethymnon, Greece
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
2,651 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Scooter / moped rental in Plakias?

Sorry I forgot to post the link:

www.alianthos-group.com/en_motos-prices.html

4. Re: Scooter / moped rental in Plakias?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, July 02, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Plakias