We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Plakias for us?

Which Plakias hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Hrx
Varazdin, Croatia
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
Is Plakias for us?

We've never been to Crete. Just to Samos, Lefkada, Karpathos.

What we want?

We want no crowdy places and noisy nightlife and don't like when it is windy .

We want quiet villages with few good tavrenas and bars, warm sea an beautiful pebble beaches ?

Is Plakias for us ?

I see there is few nice beaches (Amoudi), but are they only for naturists?

Leeds
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
11,428 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is Plakias for us?

Hi

Well Plakias isn't crowded and doesn't have noisy nightlife (not when I've visited anyway though I'm sure you could find it if you really wanted to) but it can be very windy. There are certainly some good tavernas and bars so I would say apart from the wind it ticks most of your boxes. We're not naturists and although we have seen naturists on the beaches there are people wearing beachwear too. We're more into walking than lying on the beaches but I'm sure somebody else will tell you which beaches are best for you.

Nanaimo, Canada
Destination Expert
for Chania Town, Naxos
Level Contributor
4,622 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is Plakias for us?

Actually the beach at Plakias is about 32 kilometers long. The naturalists are at the far end under the cliffs. I will post my western Crete album it should open at the Plakias page where you can see the beach. It is actually sandy not pebbly.

We were there in June and while there were lots of people around it wasn't noisy. There are lots of great beaches all along that coast.

travel.webshots.com/album/559511069PIlVxI…

Weesp, The...
Level Contributor
3,020 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is Plakias for us?

that is way too long for the beach, should be 3,2 km. Yes some of the beaches at Plakias are naturist, but not all !!! The village beach only the last end and than Damnoni, nothing, than Mirci Amoudi only nat. Amoudi big is normal as also Shinaria and Souda. All a re small beaches but very nice.

There are many good tavernas in PLakias, you can eat every night some other place. Sifis, Medousa, Mouses, Gio Ma, Kri Kri, Sofia, the bar to go for a drink is Ostraco

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
29,937 posts
1,361 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is Plakias for us?

We enjoyed Plakias - has a nice pebbly beach with some interesting tavernas.

other option - is Plaka opposite Spinalonga Island. - lovely little pebbly beach , very laid back with some good restaurants - not far from Elounda too which has some extra good cafes.

5. Re: Is Plakias for us?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:16 pm, October 15, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Plakias