We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Connelle, France - Would it be a good idea to go there?

Which Connelles hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Washington DC...
2 posts
Save Topic
Connelle, France - Would it be a good idea to go there?

My hubby and I are considering going on vacation to Connelles, France within a week. We plan to stay at the e Manoir Des deux Amants, however, we have many questions/concerns that we need to address prior to making travel arrangements. The quesitons are below:

1. We do not speak French, and are aware that the Frech feel offended when you do not speak their language and that often they are rude and unhelpful to Tourist.

2. We would be flying into Paris. Is it a good idea to rent a car in Paris and then drive to Connelles? Is it a good idea to rent a car at all?

3. Any suggestions or interesting/important facts that I should be aware off to make my vacation enjoyable?

4. Anything that I should avoid?

Joscaira

4 replies to this topic
Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
36,277 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Connelle, France - Would it be a good idea to go there?

1) The French are not rude or unhelpful, especially if you manage to learn "s'il vous plait", "merci", "bonjour", and "au revoir" -- the same little niceties of life that YOU would like to hear. If you really want to stretch "je n'est parle pas francais" (I don't speak French) or "parlez-vous anglais" (do you speak English) is a good next level.

2) It's absolutely not a good idea to rent a car in a foreign country when you're tired and jetlagged and have no idea where you're going. Ask the hotel what the best way is to get there.

Whether or not you rent a car depends entirely on what you intend to do whilst you are there. It's probably recommended, but the lack of informaiton makes a definitive answer impossible.

3. Again -- what is it you want to do? What sort of thing do you think you'd need to be made aware of?

4. Same song, different verse.

A little bit of homework on YOUR part will ensure that you have a good time...biggest thing you should avoid is plunking yourself down in the middle of the French countryside with no idea of why you're actually there.

Bayeux, France
Destination Expert
for Bayeux, Basse-Normandie, Mont-Saint-Michel, Caen
Level Contributor
3,341 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Connelle, France - Would it be a good idea to go there?

Why not Connelle, except if you want to visit the d-day beaches, it's not well sited for that.

The first thing you should say to a French person is "Bonjour". Omitting that gets you off to a bad start.

You need a car in Normandy or you'll see very little.

California
Destination Expert
for Grasse
Level Contributor
8,210 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Connelle, France - Would it be a good idea to go there?

Wouldn't that be "Je NE parle pas français"?

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
36,277 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Connelle, France - Would it be a good idea to go there?

erk. Yes.

Reply to: Connelle, France - Would it be a good idea to go there?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Connelles
More Connelles Topics