I will be visiting Seefeld from 18th January for 1 week with my wife and sister. My wife and i visited Seefeld in June this year and fell in love with the place. We stayed at The Seespitz, but have chosen The Larchenhof this time.
As non of us plan to ski and this will be the first time either of us have had a winter holiday i wonder if someone would be so kind to advise on the following.
1. We plan to go walking on some days, maybe to one or more of the nearby villages, (Leutasch, Mosern etc). Is this possible in winter conditions and what would be advisable clothing/footwear.
2. We visited Mittenwald in June and would love to return in January for a day out. Is public transport likely to still run? We travelled by bus last time to the nearby gorge, then walked into Mittenwald. Would this still be possible?
3.What other non skiing activities are there in Seefeld? I have heard there is taboganning. Is this in the Olympic region of the town?
4. I know snow can never be promised, but is there likely to be snow in the town in January?
5. Is there a dress code for the casino or are smart jeans acceptable?
6. Can you pay single fares on the Roschutte up to the 1st station as a non skier? Are the cable cars around Seefeld mainly for skiers only?
7. Is visiting Innsbruck a worthwhile trip.
Many thnaks in advance for your advise and assistance.