We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Summer weather-the risks

Which Seefeld in Tirol hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Topic
Summer weather-the risks

We really like summer holidays in Austria and have stayed in hotels in Ellmau,Seefeld,St Johann-i-T,Zell am See over the years some places more than once.Seefeld is our favourite mainly because of the convenient transport links.

But our 2 holidays in Seefeld in June were ruined by consistent bad weather,rain,mist every day.I know you take a chance with the weather in mountainous regions but my predicament is Why take the expensive chance? What was the weather like in Seefeld all June/early July in 2013 please?

Doncaster, United...
Level Contributor
681 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Summer weather-the risks

This is useful: www.freemeteo.com/default.asp…

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Summer weather-the risks

Thanks.Very useful and interesting too.As I thought lots of wet days.

Good job we didn't go this year either.

But what a contrast ! Max temp one day 34C, 5 days later max temp 12C.

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Austria
Level Contributor
17,357 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Summer weather-the risks

just because it was wet when you were there, does not mean it will be wet next time. weather is entirely unpredictable! this year in late july, temps were up in the early 40s

Basingstoke, United...
Level Contributor
2,659 posts
181 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Summer weather-the risks

Anything is possible in the mountains! We always book 2 weeks so there is more chance of avoiding rain. However, always take a rain coat and umbrella.

Karlsruhe, Germany
Destination Expert
for Baden-Wurttemberg
Level Contributor
9,552 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Summer weather-the risks

>But what a contrast ! Max temp one day 34C, 5 days later max temp 12C.

That's why averages are useless..

The weather is unpredictable. Especially with recent years' global warming and climate change, the old rules don't work any more.

However, there is one well known old rule of thumb: June is prone to LOTS of rain on the Northern side of the Alps. No guarantees taken for that either, though...

6. Re: Summer weather-the risks

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, September 19, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Seefeld in Tirol