We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holi festival in Pushkar?

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
9 posts
74 reviews
Save Topic
Holi festival in Pushkar?

Hi we are traveling to India in March and I really want to experience the crazy colourful powder-throwing side of the Holi festival. I know they celebrate it this way in Delhi - but it is likely we will be in Pushkar on the 27th. Could someone tell me if they celebrate Holi in the same fashion as Delhi or is it a more subdued atmosphere in Pushkar?

Udaipur, India
Destination Expert
for Udaipur
Level Contributor
4,599 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Holi festival in Pushkar?

Hi bic-tastic,

Holi festival celebration in Pushkar is more interesting.

People through colours ( powder and water) . They don't hesitate to through on unknown person.

You may avoids to goes very far from.your hotel .it can be celebrate in hotel complex or just out side of your hotel.

Late afternoon ends this celebration

enjoy Pushkar Holi,

Yogendra

Edited: 6:56 am, January 20, 2013
Jaipur, India
Level Contributor
30 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Holi festival in Pushkar?

hi friend,

i am strongly recommending an offbeat , heritage and rural destination which comes between Jaipur and Ajmer circuit. you can check www.tordigarh.com and www.tordipalace.com for more info.

they organise a wonderful color festival of holi which is ebjoyable, private and safe too.

God bless

Sanjiv

pushkar
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Holi festival in Pushkar?

Hi Bic,

Yes, Pushkar holi is gating batter and batter every year coz, we are doing so special thing for this festival. This is due to many tourist are enjoying this festival too. We are organizing stick dance every evening five days before.

NOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT...................

In this time pushkar is full of tourist and all hotels are fully book with tourist.

Of course over holi is special then delhi holi.

Hope to see you in pushkar !

Thanks,

Mavi gurjar

jaisalmer
Destination Expert
for Jaisalmer
Level Contributor
1,387 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Holi festival in Pushkar?

my vote is also for puskar , definatly puskar holi gone be colourful fun .

You can join the elepant festival just before holi at jaipur ,you can get information on another post at jaipur forum . .

Edited: 11:24 am, January 22, 2013
jaisalmer
Destination Expert
for Jaisalmer
Level Contributor
1,387 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Holi festival in Pushkar?

my vote is also for puskar , definatly puskar holi gone be colourful fun .

You can join the elepant festival just before holi at jaipur ,you can get information on another post at jaipur forum . .

Edited: 11:24 am, January 22, 2013
Montreal, Canada
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Holi festival in Pushkar?

Salut

Holi à Pushkar a commencé hier avec une soirée riche en couleurs. Mais la fête continue pendant une semaine jusqu'au 27 Mars.

Montreal, Canada
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Holi festival in Pushkar?

Salut

Holi à Pushkar a commencé hier avec une soirée riche en couleurs. Mais la fête continue pendant une semaine jusqu'au 27 Mars.

Save Reply
8. Re: Holi festival in Pushkar?

I think you should play holi at puskhar because it would be awesome rather than Delhi.

You can feel this colorful Indian fest with traditional colors tht you have never seen before.

Thank you to visit our beautiful India.:-)

Kolkata (Calcutta...
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Holi festival in Pushkar?

Holi will be on the 17th . Wherever in Indi you may be, Holi should follow you. But Holi in Pushkar is beyond mind blowing. Going there myself this time.

10. Re: Holi festival in Pushkar?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, March 13, 2015