We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

multi day camel safari in India

Which Pushkar hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Topic
multi day camel safari in India

I would like to go on a multi day (at least a week) camel safari in India. I am looking for an authentic experience, I am not concerned about creture comfort, I want to experience the desert culture and environment. Which area and company would be best for this?

Udaipur, India
Destination Expert
for Udaipur
Level Contributor
4,537 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: multi day camel safari in India

If you enter in pushkar from side of brahma temple you will find couple of camel ride organization. But Pushkar is not for multiday camel safari for desert circuit. Pushkar is semi deserted town.

If you really look for desert life and culture you have to go for desert circle and well known desert triangle is bikaner - jaisalermer- jodhpur.

Above cities have lots of choice many resorts and camps sand dunes.

Raisar near bikaner or many more like khuri, sam,mulana,manwar, samsara, osian,

If you really want a high class safari / ride/ adventures you need to take help of experts or creative people .

We have Deepa krishanan ( owns delhi magic)and Npjai ( owns TGS) on tripadvisor they have great understanding of tourism and right utilisations of tourism products .

Less known desert part is Barmer district but its is not with complete tourism facilitate.

regards

Yogendra

Edited: 10:03 am, October 05, 2012
2. Re: multi day camel safari in India

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:18 pm, December 14, 2013