We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

day trip to Pushkar?

Which Pushkar hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Massachusetts
12 posts
Save Topic
day trip to Pushkar?

I'm going to be in Rajasthan in November and would like to visit the Pushkar camel fair. Is it possible (practical?) to stay in a nearby town and just do a day trip? If so, any recommendations of which town or which hotel? Thanks.

Jaipur, India
Destination Expert
for Rajasthan, Jodhpur, Sawai Madhopur, Ranthambore National Park, Jaipur
Level Contributor
3,182 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: day trip to Pushkar?

Jaipur is the closest..plenty of hotels according to your budget. But Pushkar also has hotels so why stay at Jaipur?

Jaipur, Rajasthan
12 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: day trip to Pushkar?

Dear Friend,

Yes I agree with post 2##, why dont you stay in pushkar either. There are few tented accomodation out there on the outskirts which do not charge heavily during the fair. One of them is Colonell's Tent. You can check them on www.meghniwas.com

And one another is Abhnav Mishra's tent, well I dunno the website address of that, but you may find it by google the name.

Or else a day trip from Jaipur is possible. There is a company "JAY AMBE" which runs dails buses from Jaipur to Pushkar, starts at 9.00 AM and which ever hotel you stay in can arrange for the tickets.

Cheers

Deepak Dhandh

Gurugram (Gurgaon...
Level Contributor
342 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: day trip to Pushkar?

You can stay in Pushkar but it will be very hard to find a hotel in pushkar during Pushkar fair. You must book it well in advance . Pushkar Palace, Jagaht Palace, Pushkar Fort, Master Paradise, are some of the good hotels . The prices that time goes upto 10 times more the normal price , so book in advance or you can stay in Jaipur and do a day trip to Pushkar ( 130 Kms one way , roads are very good will take 2 hrs max to reach pushkar from Jaipur )

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
27 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: day trip to Pushkar?

A nice place to stay with good food and reasonable charges is Wanchoo Agro Farm, kampsite. It is on Trip advisor too. You could book in advance, right now, if you want too. I stayed there in Feb this year in a well furnished cottage.

I just did for my friends this year for a day for the fair--135$ for 2 per night with bed tea, sumptuous breakfast and dinner. I think at that point of time this is very reasonable.

5. Re: day trip to Pushkar?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:19 am, October 04, 2009