We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Savion Travel Disappointment

Seattle
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Savion Travel Disappointment

Lovely web site and prompt responses, but terrible service.

The two of us, reasonably fit early 60's travelers with plenty of 3rd

world experience, booked with Savion Travel (Delhi) for a 6-day package in Rajahstan that included two nights in a Swiss Tent in Pushkar. We had "designed" our own package, did research on TripAdvisor, LP and other sites, selected the hotels and itinerary, etc. Savion agreed to make all the reservations and provide a car and driver. What Savion confirmed in several e-mails was NOT what we got.

In Pushkar, we found ourselves in a Swiss Tent "village" that would have been perfectly fine. Except it was easily 5

km away from the main bazaar and midway, not really walkable because of having to slog through ankle-deep sand for half the distance. Add to this the poor quality of food (served luke warm, never piping hot) and the add-ons (beer for $11) . . . you can understand we cannot recommend Savion for your Pushkar experience. The camel fair is a world class event with thousands of animals but one should book accommodations in the town itself. There's plenty of availability at the low and mid-range.

USA
Level Contributor
30 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Savion Travel Disappointment

So sorry to learn that Savion let you down so badly . . that is such a disappointment . . . and especially with your Pushkar experience. Staying in town is really not an option, particularly during the Pushkar Fair . . .the hotels area okay but more for the backpacker set, and during the fair, they are packed, overpriced, and extremely noisy.

I go to Pushkar every year for the fair, and have been extremely pleased with Rajasthan Tours. They have their own tented camp which I would highly recommend. See my other discussions on this subject . . .. .they will not let you down. And while their location, like most of the tented camps (with the exception of the RTDC camp which is truly dreadful), is a bit out of town, they do provide shuttles on camel carts to and from the desert and the camp.

If you need more info, feel free to email me: genervamoore@hotmail.com.

Again, so sorry to learn that your Pushkar experience was so disappointing . .. it did not need to be that way.

2. Re: Savion Travel Disappointment

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:23 am, September 03, 2009