We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aerolink from Entebbe to Kihihi for Gorilla Trek

Texas
Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Aerolink from Entebbe to Kihihi for Gorilla Trek

Hello,

Has anyone flown Aerolink from Entebbe to Kihihi for a Gorilla Trek? if so, did you organize it yourself or go through a guide. What was your experience with Aerolink? How far was the drive from Kihihi to the camp you stayed at? What camp did you stay at and would you recommend it? Sorry for all the questions. I haven't found a lot on flyiing to Bwindi, especially if you orgnanize it yourself.

Mentioned in this post
Entebbe
Entebbe
Central Region, Uganda
Bwindi Lodge
Bwindi Lodge
153 Reviews
Bwindi Impenetrable National Park, Uganda
Kampala
Level Contributor
144 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Aerolink from Entebbe to Kihihi for Gorilla Trek

I have not done it myself, but some friends of mine booked Gorilla Forest Camp in Buhoma in conjunction with the flights with Aerolink. GFC did the transfers to and from the airstrip, it was about a 30 minute drive if I remember correctly.

Probably best to start with contacting one of the lodges in Buhoma to see how the usually manage it, and proceed from there from there.

Sydney
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Aerolink from Entebbe to Kihihi for Gorilla Trek

Hi there,

We flew with Aerolink just a few days ago and it was a smooth transition. Nothing to worry about!We booked back home (Australia) through a travel agent) Currently still at one of the lodges which is a thrown stone away from the Bwindi national park. Lots to do here an the Gorilla trek does not disappoint . If you need further information or tips feel free to ask and I'll do my best to answer :)

Mentioned in this post
Bwindi Lodge
Bwindi Lodge
153 Reviews
Bwindi Impenetrable National Park, Uganda
Sydney
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Aerolink from Entebbe to Kihihi for Gorilla Trek

Sorry I forgot to mention that I'm staying at Mahohony Springs and can recommend this place. The view is out of this world, friendly staff and the food is great quality. Ugadian people are really one of the nicest people I have met and the kids love travelers.

Kampala
Level Contributor
3,256 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Aerolink from Entebbe to Kihihi for Gorilla Trek

I have flown with them to Kidepo. As far as I'm aware, they are a subsidiary of Kenya Airways. Good pilots, easy transfers.

Mentioned in this post
Kenya
Kenya
Africa
Entebbe, Uganda
10 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Aerolink from Entebbe to Kihihi for Gorilla Trek

Am Tour Operator, i use Aerolink to fly if i need to do something in the park real quick, i have used the airline for many of my clients, i would say its a smooth ride.

Flight Hours are: Entebbe - Kihihi: Depart 08:30, Arrive 1035

Kihihi -Entebbe: Depart 1055, arrive 1155

Afternoon:

Entebbe-Kihih: Depart 1230, Arrive 1345

Entebbe -Kihih: Depart 1455, Arrive 1555

Rates are: $260 one way and $431 Return Trip.

You will need to arrange Transportation from Kihihi to Buhoma (Tracking site), you can arrange Transportation locally from Kihihi.

Mentioned in this post
Entebbe
Entebbe
Central Region, Uganda
6. Re: Aerolink from Entebbe to Kihihi for Gorilla Trek

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, September 18, 2014