We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bwindi Activities

Cairo, Egypt
Level Contributor
30 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Bwindi Activities

Hi Guys,

I plan to be in BINP for two nights. I am trying to know what activites I can do there besides the gorilla tracking and perhaps forest walks. Is there enough activity to justify going straight from QENP to Bwindi in the morning or is there less activity in Bwindi which would justify stoping at Ishasha for a game drive and arrive in Bwindi later in the day. Thanks.

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
38,035 posts
376 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bwindi Activities

Well as you are only in Bwindi for two nights, the day being taken up with Gorilla trekking, it appears to me that you don't have time for anything else that day.

You could drive straight from QENP, after a morning game drive, and maybe do a forest walk that afternoon if only to get your leg muscles prepared for next day..

2. Re: Bwindi Activities

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:29 am, September 18, 2013
Sydney
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Bwindi Activities

Just my input, perhaps do a walking tour to visit the Batwa (tribes) the tour itself is an eye opener on how locals live up in the villages and forest. Something I recommend :)

Entebbe, Uganda
10 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Bwindi Activities

I think @mFuwe is right, you just dont have enough time, just take his advice.

Kampala
Level Contributor
1,998 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bwindi Activities

If you happen to finish your gorilla trek early , you can go birding. Ruhija is a good spot for birding.

This implies you have to buy gorilla permits for Ruhija.

-If not you can request for an evening entertainment from the local community.

6. Re: Bwindi Activities

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, September 19, 2014