We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gorilla Trekking in Bwindi March 11-13 with Pearl of Africa

kodiak, alaska
Level Contributor
37 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Gorilla Trekking in Bwindi March 11-13 with Pearl of Africa

I had a trip planned with African Pearl Safaris, but it just cancelled for March 11-13. I am now looking at a Gorilla Trek in Bwindi with Pearl of Africa. They have offered me a single person trip for $1105. with pretty much everything included at budget accommodations. This is what I have tried to book with 7 other companies and for a single person in a group the price came in at least $500. more.

I of course love this price but want to know if anyone else has used Pear of Africa and if this seems too good to be true. I know I need to book soon, or all of the permits will be gone for that day.

thanks for your help! cid

Mentioned in this post
African Pearl Safaris
African Pearl Safaris
70 Reviews
Bwindi Impenetrable National Park, Uganda
Kampala
Level Contributor
3,256 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gorilla Trekking in Bwindi March 11-13 with Pearl of Africa

If it's the Pearl of Africa Safari co familiar to myself, then you should have no anxieties at all. Have you got an office location for them?

UGANDA
Level Contributor
483 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gorilla Trekking in Bwindi March 11-13 with Pearl of Africa

Cida,

My advise to you is that few companies do group tours in Uganda . And when choosing them, consider the fact that you have a price guarantee even if you are paying some more extra US$$ as well as a guaranteed departure. This is because , it makes no sense to book a tour a a very low price with out a departure guarantee and then you fly from Alaska to Uganda only to find your self paying an extra US$ 700 because other group members haven't turned up.

Be very careful about this.

Mentioned in this post
Uganda
Uganda
Africa
Alaska
Alaska
United States
Kampala, Uganda
Level Contributor
139 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gorilla Trekking in Bwindi March 11-13 with Pearl of Africa

Hope i read well its a single person trip right and not a group? which ever the case its a good price but for me it would be less by that 500 you mentioned being that its one person really,hope you re briefed on accommodations,may be its camp tents throws a little light but pearl of africa safaris are a reputable operator go on and that price for bwindi is too awesome but feels like life is being squeezed out of the price! work work kinda thing.

Kampala, Uganda
Level Contributor
139 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gorilla Trekking in Bwindi March 11-13 with Pearl of Africa

if its a group tour thats a good price go for it

Kampala
Level Contributor
2,129 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Gorilla Trekking in Bwindi March 11-13 with Pearl of Africa

They are a member of AUTO.

1105 USD quotation for a single person is a very attractive price.

Do you know the type of Accommodation they are providing to you.

Kampala
Level Contributor
3,256 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Gorilla Trekking in Bwindi March 11-13 with Pearl of Africa

And where?

Wonder if we will hear back?

7. Re: Gorilla Trekking in Bwindi March 11-13 with Pearl of Africa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 6:35 am, April 20, 2013
Arusha, Tanzania
Level Contributor
153 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Gorilla Trekking in Bwindi March 11-13 with Pearl of Africa

Pearl of Africa is one of the better known companies in Uganda. It is owned by Kelly an American woman that has quite a good reputation in Uganda. Hard to say about the price without knowing all of the details.

Mentioned in this post
Uganda
Uganda
Africa
Milan, Italy
Level Contributor
38 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Gorilla Trekking in Bwindi March 11-13 with Pearl of Africa

Pearl of Africa is a reputable company,one of the best,go ahead and book with them. Have they told you of the accommodation yet?

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
39,005 posts
408 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Gorilla Trekking in Bwindi March 11-13 with Pearl of Africa

#6 at Shelly,

Will we hear back from cid?

On his/her past form "no"! He was on TZ forum a couple of years back. got all he needed and never even said thanks. Not heard of since. Dontcha love helping folks like that?