We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best budget Gorilla tour operaters in Uganda

Oslo
Level Contributor
29 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Best budget Gorilla tour operaters in Uganda

I will be in Uganda in the end of January and the beginning of February, and me and my girlfriend want to join a gorilla safari tour to Bwindi Rain forest. Does anyone recommend a good budget tour operator for this?

Also: where is it best to head out from/find the operators, Kampala?

Any tips regarding the Gorilla tour would be much appreciated,

Best Regards,

Jonas

1. Re: Best budget Gorilla tour operaters in Uganda

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 12:05 pm, January 22, 2013
Kampala
Level Contributor
1,966 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best budget Gorilla tour operaters in Uganda

You will need to book gorilla permits in advance.

Uganda Tour operators are listed on AUTO website.

WAshington, DC
Level Contributor
37 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best budget Gorilla tour operaters in Uganda

I was just recently in the SouthWest of Uganda for "business" [development work], and realized just how close I was to the gorillas.... after some searching, I found Robert at Engagi Safaris based in Kabale... and folks, just can't rave enough. I am a very seasoned traveler, and Engagi Safaris is a top operation. Robert listened to what we were looking for, met our very stringent schedule with no advanced notice, delivered a fabulous trip to the Impenetrable Forest, taking care of our every need. He also suggested a range of doable 'add ons" that met our interests and our schedule... If you are interested in responsible tourism, it's best to go with a local company, and Engagi is just that. In addition to his tourism business, he pours his time and money into village development, which I was happy to hear about as well. Good value for money, reliable, interested and interesting, a local from the area himself who represents the best of responsible entrepreneurship. As was said above, most of the cost of a tour goes to your permit. Engagis pricing above the permit was more than reasonable, and he helped us cut costs where possible. When you go, DEFINITELY HIRE AT LEAST ONE PORTER. First, you are providing alternative income to EXpoachers. Second, you really want someone to help carry your stuff over some steep terrain, and they act as 'pushers' and 'pullers' to get you to the gorilla site once you leave the trail. Enjoy your trip!!

Edited: 4:58 pm, January 10, 2013
Kampala, Uganda
Level Contributor
88 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Best budget Gorilla tour operaters in Uganda

check with AUTO Members on their website and get one tour operator. you can ask to join a group so that your travel expenses are reduced. AUTO Link: http://www.auto.or.ug/

5. Re: Best budget Gorilla tour operaters in Uganda

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:11 am, April 09, 2015
6. Re: Best budget Gorilla tour operaters in Uganda

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 6:14 am, May 12, 2013
Emerald Isle, North...
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Best budget Gorilla tour operaters in Uganda

Hi Jonas!

I recently returned from an eight week volunteer placement in southwestern Uganda, and to make the experience complete, I worked with Robert of Engagi Safaris to organize a weekend trip to Queen Elizabeth National Park. Robert was enormously helpful in connecting me to Enganzi Game Lodge. The stay there was excellent–great service, wonderful food, and a breathtaking view of the broad, sweeping savannah, dotted with acacia trees and forest elephants. Robert also provided me with a tour of the area in his comfortable SUV and we went on a game drive one afternoon. There was nothing more beautiful than watching the African sunset on a sprawling savannah. A magical opportunity. Thank you for your service, Robert!

His website is: http://www.engagiexperience.com/homepage.aspx

I hope this helps. Happy and safe travels, Jonas!

Emerald Isle, North...
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Best budget Gorilla tour operaters in Uganda

Hi Jonas,

I recently returned from an eight week volunteer placement in southwestern Uganda, and to make the experience complete, I worked with Robert Basiima, the owner of Engagi Safaris, to organize a weekend trip to Queen Elizabeth National Park. Robert was enormously helpful in connecting me to Enganzi Game Lodge. The stay there was excellent–great service, wonderful food, and a breathtaking view of the broad, sweeping savannah, dotted with acacia trees and forest elephants. Robert also provided me with a tour of the area in his comfortable SUV and we went on a game drive one afternoon. There was nothing more beautiful than watching the African sunset on a sprawling savannah. A magical opportunity!

His website is: http://www.engagiexperience.com/homepage.aspx

I hope this helps. Safe and happy travels!

Kampala, Uganda
Level Contributor
555 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best budget Gorilla tour operaters in Uganda

Get gorilla permits first the rest will be fine!!!!!

Kampala, Uganda
Level Contributor
17 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best budget Gorilla tour operaters in Uganda

Hello Jonas

Thanks for choosing to visit Uganda.

book with tour company to arrange for you budget gorrila safaris and remember Gorrila Permits are booked in Advance and much of the money goes to UWA for the permits.

Book with Tour Company they will be in position to help you

Enjoy your Gorrila trip to Uganda

thanks

Stephen