We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel to Searcy

Which Searcy hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Avon, Massachusetts
1 post
Save Topic
Travel to Searcy

I am from Boston and will traveling to the west coast on business and stopping in Searcy Arkansas to visit with family for a couple of days. I am trying to find a location to stay where alcohol is served or served somewhere close by. Any recommendations greatly appreciated.

4 replies to this topic
little rock arkansas
Destination Expert
for Little Rock, Arkansas
Level Contributor
3,326 posts
290 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel to Searcy

I can't help you much here. Maybe others will be able. There are a couple of ok hotels but no restaurants or private clubs in Searcy which sell alcoholic beverages. There is a private club ($5 for membership) which sells alcohol a couple miles away called Kelly's Restaurant in Bald Knob Arkansas, but the reviews are pretty scary. Hopefully others will have better suggestions; but for a reliable, nice hotel with nice restaurants and bars, I think you may have to travel to Little Rock/North Little Rock, maybe 45 minutes or so.

Arkansas Ozarks
Level Contributor
1,158 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel to Searcy

There are private clubs in Searcy (the Elks, the VFW, and the Searcy Country Club) but I don't think they are open to the public. There are some private clubs in Heber Springs: Cafe Klaser, Red Apple Inn, or River Ranch in Heber Springs Red Apple Inn does have a hotel.

little rock arkansas
Destination Expert
for Little Rock, Arkansas
Level Contributor
3,326 posts
290 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel to Searcy

Biscuit You are right that Red Apple is a possibility. Depending on traffic, timewise it may be a toss up about the drive to Red Apple/Eden Isle or the drive to NLR/LR from Searcy. Red Apple used to be one of the nicest properties in the state. The recent reviews are up and down. I haven't stayed or eaten there in a long time, so not sure how it is now. The location of Eden Isle on the beautiful Greer's Ferry Lake is great.

Edited: 12:35 am, July 18, 2012
Ward, AR
Level Contributor
878 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel to Searcy

You might want to consider Cabot. It's 25 miles southwest of Searcy on Hwy 67/167. The best tripadvisor rated hotel in town is the Day's Inn & Suites. The reviews are quite good. El Pirean Mexican Restaurant (301 Northport DR) serves alcohol. As does Deer Creek Fire Stone (2541 W Main) - similar to a Chili's. You have to join a membership at restaurant for alcohol. Vaqueros Mexican Grill is new, they may serve alcohol as well. Jacksonville is about 8 minutes south on 67 from Cabot and has a Chili's that serves alcohol by membership.

Reply to: Travel to Searcy
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Searcy