We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Petra at night

Which Petra - Wadi Musa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Aventura, Florida
Level Contributor
978 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Petra at night

I have seen in discussion of Petra at Night that the walk is 1-1/2 hours. Is that each way or total?

Any reason not to have an l.e.d. headlamp and could a walking cane/stool be used?

Thanks for the help.

Petra
Level Contributor
2,284 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Petra at night

The walk starts at 8.30 PM and finished around 10.15 PM, walking time would indeed be between 1 and 1,5 hour. The path will be lit by candles so if you feel better walking with a bit more light then a small torch is handy. The path is mostly good (concrete and dirt road) but in some places it's uneven with big cobbles. Have a great time in Petra !

Patricia (Petra B&B)

Aventura, Florida
Level Contributor
978 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Petra at night

Thank you for your reply, but I am still a little confused.

We start at the entrance and walk to the Treasury, there is short show and the walk back. Do we get back to the entrance at 10:15?

We will have l.e.d. headlamps we are bringing to use at Hezekiah's Tunnel in Jerusalem. Will we be able to use those on the walk?

Kamloops, Canada
Level Contributor
3,883 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Petra at night

While the path is lit with candles its still pretty dark in some places so if you are using a cane you probably should use your headlamp.

Petra
Level Contributor
2,284 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Petra at night

Yes you will be back at the entrance around 10.15 PM. The walk from the entrance to the Treasury takes about 35 minutes, the music/tea/story stop is +/- 30 minutes and then you walk back.

Yes those LED lights will help you if you feel better with a bit more light.

Patricia (Petra B&B)

Aventura, Florida
Level Contributor
978 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Petra at night

Thanks so much.

Salmiyah, Kuwait
Level Contributor
80 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Petra at night

During my research I found out that Petra by night activity is held onl ony Monday, Wednesday and Thursday of each week.

Please make a note of the same when you finalize your plans.

Cheers,

Che

7. Re: Petra at night

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, July 03, 2015