Me and wife are planning to visit Israel from Mumbai within three weeks. While looking on the flight options, we found an interesting connecting flight of Royal Jordanian which reaches Amman 8:30 AM and provides connection to Tel-Aviv at 7 AM next day. Hence it gives more than 20 hours in transit. I am looking into the possibility to use these transit hours to visit Petra or nearby places. But I have few doubts before booking this flights:
1. Can we actually visit Jordan while transiting the flights? Amman is just a change over Airport for us and we would be having a single ticket only for whole journey. If it possible to do a visit, then I have lot more questions to ask which are listed below:
2. Technically we would be transiting between two flights on a single ticket. We are not sure how our luggage would be taken care of in this case? Would Royal Jordanian keep it with themselves and transfer it to the connecting flight next day? If not then are there any clock room in Amman airport where we can keep our luggage for nearly 18-20 hours?
3. My understanding is that single entry visa (which is available on arrival) should be sufficient for our purpose of travel. Let me know if it is not correct.
4. How much time generally it takes to get the visa and to do other formalities on Amman Airport? I mean, if we land there around 8:30 Am, would it be possible to come out from the Airport by 9:30 AM?
5. How much amount generally taxi charges from Amman Airport to Petra and back? We are on a budget trip and would not be able to avail very expensive journey. We can’t catch JETT bus because it is only available in the early in the morning. What are the other cost effective option from Amman Airport by which we can reach Petra in time, visit the place and come back before flight? Are there public transport available which runs late in the evening or in the night from Petra to Amman? Are they safe?
6. Lastly; will there be any problem while entering Israel after having a Jordanian stamp on our passport? Some blogs suggest that and hence the doubt.
Please reply fast so that I can do the booking. Airfares are shooting up.
Thanks & Regards