I see that the day time temperature in the middle of November is forecast to be in the high 80's. We will be leaving with a car and driver from our hotel in Aqaba early one morning and plan to spend the day in Petra.
So questions are
1. What clothing is considered appropriate? Should I wear long pants or Capri’s?
2. I read that after your entry, you can get a guide for free. Is that still true or should we try and book a guide prior to departing for Jordan?
What does the guide include in the tour?
3. I have read about when to take a ride at the beginning or at the end of the tour. What is advised? We are good shape but still in our 70's.
4. How long does the donkey ride to the Monastery take? Is that advisable given our ages? We have climbed the Great Wall and now use trekking poles, but after my climb to the top of Mt. Sinai, I think we need to ride? Is there a special place to get the donkey?
5. I read that you can use US Dollars in Petra for tips etc. Is that true?
5. Any other advice you might have would be welcome.
Thanks in Advance.