We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

petra..

Which Petra - Wadi Musa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
56 posts
1 review
Save Topic
petra..

Hi

i am planing a short visit to jordan very soon..it was a last minute dicision

here i need some help and advise asap.

i will be landing in amman..which i plan to spend 2 days there..

so any interesting places to see??? please be generous with all info you have particular personal experiences

also how to get visit Petra..and what i should see and how long do i need spend there ??

many thanks

Petra - Wadi Musa...
Level Contributor
1,422 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: petra..

Hi bellashanny,

Welcome to Jordan,

Stay at Amman downtown, and visit:

Roman Theatre, Citadel, Archeological Museum, Umayyad Palace, Museum of Popular Traditions, The Souk, King Abdullah Mosque, and Al Husseini Mosque.

The following day, take the Jett bus at 6:30am ( From Al Abdali station ) to Petra, and visit: Siq, Treasury, Street of Façade, Theatre, Royal tombs, City center, Qasr al Bint temple, Museums Al Habees and Archeological, and Al Deir "Monastery"

Enjoy

Jordan Beauty Tours

Edited: 6:39 am, October 02, 2012
Petra
Level Contributor
2,695 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: petra..

If you have 2 days in Amman you can also visit the Roman city of Jerash and the castle in Ajloun about an hour north of Amman. And then of course all the sites mentioned by Ali in post 1.

Ideal would be to have 2 days in Petra, like that you can do the 2 most interesting hikes, the one up to the Monastery and the one up to the High Place of Sacrifice, you will have time to do everything at a relaxed pace and to sit down here and there to enjoy the atmosphere and the view.

Patricia

Fontainebleau
Destination Expert
for Petra - Wadi Musa
Level Contributor
2,888 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: petra..

There are minibuses leaving the south bus station at more or less regular intervals, (they leave when the bus is full). The trip takes about two and a half hours.

You also have a daily JETT bus that leaves the JETT office close to the Abdali area (any taxi would take you there) every morning at 6.30am and brings you to Petra. The fare is 6JD for a single ticket and 11JD for a return. This bus doesn't leave you at the bus station like the others, but goes straight down to the Visitors' Centre at the entrance to the site of Petra. If you thought that you would like to find a hotel first (there are no facilities for left luggage at the Visitors' Centre), then you are unlucky - the bus is not allowed to stop in the village for you even if you ask the driver nicely.

As Patricia says, try to allow two days in Petra, even if you shorten your time in Amman.

haysville,kansas
Level Contributor
325 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: petra..

I had my first visit to Jordan this Spring. I also agree that two days in Petra would be a great idea. If you have the time don't miss a tour and overnight in Wadi Rum. You will find the people of Jordan to be very welcoming.

5. Re: petra..

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:19 pm, December 14, 2013