We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Petra free entrance

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Syria, Aleppo, Jordan
Level Contributor
8,638 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Petra free entrance

If you are in Jordan or just about to arrive arrange your schedule to visit Petra on 27 or 28 Sep for free entrance to the site.Yes it is free courtesy of the ministry of tourism That is a lot of saving.profit 50 Jod

Cheers

Aqaba, Jordan
Level Contributor
2,697 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Petra free entrance

thanks for the post SFB,,

do you know why these dates are free ??

is there a link on the Ministry's site !!

is there a catch, of making you pay on the way out : ) ...

ciao

A99

Province of...
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Petra free entrance

Sorry to tell you.... but if you are not a Jordanian resident IS NOT FREE.

I was there today with my parents, thay came to visit me from Spain. They are tourist and me I am a Jordanian resident, paying normally 1JD for the entrance, but today it was free...for me so I oculd save 1JD but they had to pay 50 JD each as usual. Think this kind of propaganda is not fare, and it is posted in many jordanian tourist sites. Is the day for international Tourism...so it should be offered for free to all International Travelers...no need to say 50JD is toooo much for a ticket to see Petra...you dont pay such as amount in any European tourist site. Not good for Jordan I think

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
8,638 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Petra free entrance

A99 sorry i just noticed your psot

vero I agree with you.At fist the ministry of tourisim was genuine about it.but the people of Petra who takes most of the taking/money from fees objected and put pressure so the ministry has gone back on their offer.

cheers

Amman
Level Contributor
1,435 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Petra free entrance

jordantimes.com/foreign-guests-disappointed-…

Petra
Level Contributor
3,162 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Petra free entrance

Many people changed their itinerary to be in Petra on 27th and 28th of September so of course they were dissapointed and angry, it was a very bad case of miscommunication. And pretty ridiculous to give residents and Jordanians free access: they pay only 1 JOD anyway !!!! If Jordan wants to promote and increase tourism they will have to come up with something better next year ...

Patricia

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
8,638 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Petra free entrance

Henk thanks for the update.

7. Re: Petra free entrance

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:18 am, December 14, 2013