We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bedouin village

Which Petra - Wadi Musa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
89 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Bedouin village

Although I have posted a question on the Jordan forum about staying in Wadi Rum, I have just been told it might be possible to stay in the Bedouin Village at Petra. Can anyone confirm whether is true and, if so how do I arrange it?

Petra
Level Contributor
2,551 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bedouin village

Bedouin Village is the village that the government initially built when they decided to remove everyone from inside Petra, so the people who used to live in the caves now live in Um Sayhoun (Bedouin Village). There are no hotels there, just normal houses. I'm sure you can get a dozen of invitations when you walk in Petra to stay with one of the locals or even in the caves, personally I would be careful with that since it's pretty much impossible to tell the (many) good people from the (few) bad ... Enjoy your time in Jordan !

Patricia

Petra - Wadi Musa...
Level Contributor
1,383 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Bedouin village

Personally, I would not advise it

Fontainebleau
Destination Expert
for Petra - Wadi Musa
Level Contributor
2,885 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Bedouin village

As Patricia says, these are normal houses, no partcular romantic ambiance involved.

Manchester
Level Contributor
506 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bedouin village

I appreciate your knowledge...won't be doing this then!

Odense
Level Contributor
386 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bedouin village

To my knowledge, it is not allowed to house a foreign tourist like that. I once had the offer in Umm Qais but it was turned down by the Tourist Police for the sake of my security.

6. Re: Bedouin village

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, October 06, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Petra - Wadi Musa