We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

petra to wadi rum ?

london
Level Contributor
98 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
petra to wadi rum ?

Im planning to stay in Petra for two or three nights and would like to spend a day in Wadi Rum. Will this be quite easy to do from Petra as a day trip/or do I need to find somewhere to stay nearer to Wadi Rum ?

Thankyou

haysville,kansas
Level Contributor
325 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: petra to wadi rum ?

That should be very easy. I just returned from Jordan a few days ago myself. You might want to think about a tour of Wadi Rum and staying the night at one of the Bedouin camps. I sure enjoyed my stay.

Petra
Level Contributor
3,150 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: petra to wadi rum ?

Wadi Rum is closer to Aqaba (+/- 40 minutes) then it is to Petra (1,5 hour) so if you want to do it as a day trip it's easier from there but I agree with Ginrickey; it's very very nice to enjoy a night in one of the Bedouin camps in the Protected Area.

Patricia

Fontainebleau
Destination Expert
for Petra - Wadi Musa
Level Contributor
2,897 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: petra to wadi rum ?

A day trip, either from Petra or from Aqaba, means that you need a taxi to return in the evening.

If you do it from Petra, there is usually a morning bus, leaving Wadi Mousa at about 6.30am, but coming from Aqaba you would probably need a taxi in the morning as well as the afternoon.

Spending the night there is therefore an economy as well as potentially an unforgettable experience!

4. Re: petra to wadi rum ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:21 am, March 23, 2013