We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to get from Egypt to Petra by Air?

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
2,165 posts
183 reviews
Save Topic
How to get from Egypt to Petra by Air?

Hello,

I am thinking about adding some sites in Jordan to My Egypt tour. I would like to see (by order of priority and feasibility) 1) Petra 2) Wadi Rum and if time allows 3) Dead sea (not really counting on this one...and is it worth it?)

Since I will not be visiting Mt Sinaii (sake of time), I think I will have to fly roundtrip (unless you think otherwise). I see two options:

1- Fly from Luxour to ...Aquaba? What's the best Airport to Visit Petra and possibly the Wadi Rum?

2- From Luxour take an overnight train to Cairo and fly from Cairo to...Aquaba? Amman?

Where can I find info regarding schedule and costs?

Appreciate all the help!

Alex

Thousand Oaks...
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
12,450 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How to get from Egypt to Petra by Air?

I think your best bet, in terms of cost, would to arrange a flight from Cairo to Amman. There are a number of airlines that have that route, notably Royal Jordanian. Their website is quoting rates at about US$89 (pretty much the same as CAD$).

Getting an organized tour from Amman is possible although I have not done it. I have only taken an organized tour based out of Eilat, Israel.

Wadi Rum & Petra are breathless. You'll love it there.

Dr. Z

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
2,165 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How to get from Egypt to Petra by Air?

Thx a lot for the info. 89$ is something definitly worth it!

Alex

3. Re: How to get from Egypt to Petra by Air?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 pm, September 15, 2009