We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Short Manu Tour

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Topic
Short Manu Tour

Hi guys,

I am looking for a 3day or 4day trip to Manu national park. I would like to see as much as possible (I have no time to stay for longer) and don't mind paying that bit extra.

To add to my problem, my itinerary means I need to leave for Manu on a Wednesday or Thursday in January - so it limits fixed departure trips.

So I am looking for a list of tour operators to Manu that offer 3 or 4 day trips to Manu

on a Wednesday or Thursday. What safe tour operators are there for me?

I like the sound of this : www.manuvilcaperu.com/index.php…

Sasolburg,South...
Level Contributor
411 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Short Manu Tour

This looks like your best option,pricey though ,but it is beacuse they fly you to Manu.

For other options go to : www.andeantravelweb.com

There are a few 3 day options.

Heinrich

Cusco, Peru
Level Contributor
594 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Short Manu Tour

Flying to Manu during the wet season is not possible there are no flights! For a short 3 or 4 days option you are really only going to be able to travel to the edge of Manu Park, and use some of the lodges located on the eastern slopes of the Andes (which are actually quite good). It will take you a day overland to get there, and a day to get back. If you can afford 2 more days, it would be more worthwhile. Alternatively, you may find that Refugio Lodge in Tambopata a better option. This lodge is located a little further into the Jungle, and works well with 4 days.

Here is an article on Tambopata v Manu theonlyperuguide.com/2012/…

And here is a list of the most popular lodges in Manu that you might want to check out. totallylatinamerica.com/peru-vacations-artic…

Also, try contacting Manu Expeditions, who may be able to point you in the right direction. http://www.manuexpeditions.com/

Good luck!

London, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Short Manu Tour

www.crees-manu.org offer 4D3N or 5D4N tours departing from Cusco daily. All led by expert guides the profits from your tour go back into the conservation and community projects they run.

Edited: 2:02 pm, December 20, 2012
4. Re: Short Manu Tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, December 22, 2013