We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bansko

NEWCASTLE
Level Contributor
270 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
bansko

just arrived home today from bansko & from all of the threads i read online, i was very surprised.

snow conditions were excellent,slopes well maintained, the people friendly.

we stayed at the belvedere,it was excellent & we will be back.

gondola waiting times of 30 minutes to no queues at all, hardly any waiting for chairs to the top of the mountain.

we also saw the combined event on saturday, it was excellent, not bad coming from a snow boarder!!!

we will be back.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
62 posts
1 review
Save Reply
21. Re: bansko

Thanks for the update, so excited head out there on the 3rd March, looking forward to the smow etc.. staying at the Prespa apartments so will fill you all in.

Sh

Warwick, United...
Level Contributor
25 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: bansko

Stefan M, You can get some lovely food in Bansko, even on the mountain, (Pesherite below as well as others) if you know where to go, here are a few suggestions:

ZEHTINGIEVATA HOUSE MEHANA – Chicken liver starters very good, The Pork Knuckle 27 Leva is absolutely fabulous and comes with homemade chips and gravy and is enough for around 3 people with say a Vegetable Sache.

AXEMANS – Pork Fillets in a cream sauce with mushrooms, garlic and cheese, accompanied by mashed potatoes - 13.90 Leva, also excellent tender Beef Steak (hard to get in Bansko) with chips and sauce of your choice - pepper, chili, barbecue or Rockford - 23.40 Leva, Excellent Homemade Cheese Cake and Baked Banana & very nice house wine. Good meeting place for British & Irish etc at the top end of town, 7:30 prompt! They have a new chef here so much improved.

DUMANOV HOTEL - Excellent Beef steaks c29 Leva, with pepper sauce etc (enough for 2? with a vegetable sache) Nice puddings, especially the Baked Banana with brandy and also the baked apple. Good House Red & White Wine & local Brandy. Can negotiate a 20% discount.

BARYAKOVA – Excellent Roast shoulder of lamb (cooked for 7 hours) superb comes with homemade chips/boiled potatoes/risotto type rice, 88 Leva for a whole one and enough for around 7 people with some extra accompaniments like vegetable sache or you can buy a roast lamb portion. Chicken Fillet, not nice, reconstituted meat?

BANSKI HAN - Chomlec (veal stew) excellent, try with Perlenka (flat bread to dip) & their home made chips. Chicken with Rockford sauce & pork fillet both very nice as is the House red & white wine. Update Dec 2011 Chomlec a bit dry! (5/10 instead of 10/10) hope it’s a one off?

ST IVAN RILSKI HOTEL - The pork cutlet chops were very big, char grilled and excellent, 12.60 leva plus 1 leva for wild mushroom sauce. Excellent homemade chips. For desert I can recommend the pancakes with apple and cinnamon, that come with nice ice cream and you get 2 big pancakes which is enough for 2? I did not like the cheesecake here. Nice house red but served to us very chilled!

BISTRO PIRIN – V Nice chicken soup 1.80 leva, try the fried rice with chicken (makes a nice change) 8 leva, my lads like the breaded chicken fillet (v big) 10 leva. Proper homemade chips and you get a big plate full.

HAPPY GRILL – (Todorka sign above) Opposite the Fortuna Hotel. Very nice local food, good for lunch. I can recommend the following, all homemade: local sausage 8 leva, chips with/without cheese c3 leva, Chicken soup & excellent bread.

BOYANOVI PIZZA - Great Pizzas etc

MOMINI DVORI – For lunch/starter try the homemade Chicken or Tripe soup with their excellent Parlenka (Flat Bread with/without Garlic)

THE PESHERITE - Local sausage 7 leva, chicken “chop” 6 leva, both BBQ`D, first class homemade chips 2.50 leva (big bowl), Very nice omelettes & “poached” eggs (you actually get 3 fried eggs on a plate!) try the homemade ketchup.

TEMENUSHKA - Very nice coffee with milk, cakes etc.

From my “Pete’s Bansko Winter Guide” if you’re not on my mailing list and want a copy e mail me: pete@explore-bansko.com

Derby
Level Contributor
4 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: bansko

Agree with all the great comments I am there right now in the Belmont Hotel, the bus will be here at 7 to take us (family 2 adults,2 children) to The Irish Harp :) snow is awesome people are fab and still a lots cheaper than other ski resorts :)

Derby
Level Contributor
4 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: bansko

Agree with all the great comments I am there right now in the Belmont Hotel, the bus will be here at 7 to take us (family 2 adults,2 children) to The Irish Harp :) snow is awesome people are fab and still a lots cheaper than other ski resorts :)

leamington spa
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: bansko

Hi DerbyATom

Glad to hear you are having a great time.

If you would like a copy of my latest "Pete`s Bansko Winter Guide e mail me: pete.phillipson@ntlworld.com

Regards

Pete

26. Re: bansko

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, February 06, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Bansko
Recent Conversations