We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bansko or Borovets?

Which Bansko hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
30 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Bansko or Borovets?

Hi, My friend and I are looking at a ski break mid to late March for approx 5/6 nights. Bulgaria seems to be good value with decent accommodation. We are looking for intermediate skiing, close proximity accommodation to the slopes (i.e. walking and not bus) and a variation of nightlife, with casual lively bars and restaurants. Any recommendations will be appreciated. Thanks

1. Re: Bansko or Borovets?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:17 am, January 27, 2011
2. Re: Bansko or Borovets?

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:17 am, January 27, 2011
Sofia
Destination Expert
for Sofia, Bulgaria
Level Contributor
514 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bansko or Borovets?

Hi there! I think Bansko would suit you slightly better. It's bigger, so - more pubs, restaurants etc., but also more crowded and the slopes are better. Enjoy!

Lytham St Anne's...
Level Contributor
270 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bansko or Borovets?

Bansko is better as it is higher with lots of good value bars restaurants etc also there are more slopes. Only thing is late March seems a bit late to me to go to Bulgaria, although I've never been then so someone might know better than me. At that time of year I tend to go for Tinges, Val thorens, St Anton or Cervinia. I know these places can be pricey but if you hunt around they are not too bad and snow is virtually guaranteed. Hope this helps, cheers

Swansea, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bansko or Borovets?

Late March is very late for bulgaria but you may be lucky. If you can travel sooner it would be better.

igluski.com/bulgaria/bansko-snow-history_234…

igluski.com/bulgaria/borovets-snow-history_2…

If you look at the snow depth history its usually gone or nearly gone by april.

6. Re: Bansko or Borovets?

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

Removed on: 6:16 pm, October 12, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Bansko