We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Torres del Paine hiking--Porter needed

Mackinac Island...
Level Contributor
10 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Torres del Paine hiking--Porter needed

Hello, does anyone know where I can find a porter? We are planning to walk the Torres del Paine for 5 days, but I have problems carry backpacks after a car accident years ago. I have a friend walking with me but she can't carry all my stuff. We have hiked around the world with no problem, the only problem is to find a porter. Any comment will be helpful!

Santiago, Chile
Destination Expert
for Chile
Level Contributor
10,534 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Torres del Paine hiking--Porter needed

They are called porteadores in TdP. I have a website bookmarked but it isn't working right now, www.porteadores.cl. Try info@porteadores.cl. Otherwise, you could see if your lodging in Puerto Natales can help contact someone for you. I know the park was trying to have them all registered last year to avoid just anyone offering to be a porter.

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Torres del Paine hiking--Porter needed

Thank you so much!

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Torres del Paine hiking--Porter needed

It is very helpful for us as well!

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
5,661 posts
348 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Torres del Paine hiking--Porter needed

Porters are very seldom used in South America. In general, rather pack animals.

5. Re: Torres del Paine hiking--Porter needed

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:16 pm, November 07, 2014