We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Iberostar Grand Room distinctions

Which Bavaro hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Topic
Iberostar Grand Room distinctions

Hi guys,

I've been posting like mad on here the past day or two, but I'm planning a honeymoon to Punta Cana and am amazed at how helpful you all have been - so good work!!!

I have a question about the Iberostar Grand rooms, and what is the difference in suites.

Specifically, what differentiates between a "suite" and an "ocean view suite" (don't laugh yet) - is it the same room, only one with a guarantee of an ocean view? Or are they upgraded rooms?

Similar question about the swim in option - is it any different/bigger, or just on the first floor?

Thanks so much!

Scotland
Level Contributor
579 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Iberostar Grand Room distinctions

Suite and ocean view suite are exactly the same rooms, with a different view, the swim ups. (Our personal favourite) are again the same but with a bigger terrace which gives access to a small pool (not attached to the main pool)

The only rooms that differ are the ocean Front (12 rooms only)

Hope this helps

Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Iberostar Grand Room distinctions

That's perfect; about what I thought, but wanted to make sure.

Not sue we can afford the swim up right now (not positive how the year will go), but we figure well book a suite, and if we can upgrade later great. If not...either we get lucky, or we still get a great resort!

Thanks so much again!

Erieau, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
14,845 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Iberostar Grand Room distinctions

Here is a description of the suites with pictures.

thegrandcollection.com/en/…rooms

Scotland
Level Contributor
579 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Iberostar Grand Room distinctions

Hi Dan,

If swim ups are still available on your arrival, it will be far cheaper booking when you get their. we've done the Grand Bavaro 5 times (6th in Sept) the rose hall in Jamaica, four times at the Paraiso Grand in Mexico four times (booked for 5th) and also Iberostar Grand's in Europe, They are the best of the best...No matter what room you get, you'll have a holiday (vacation for you guys the other side of the pond) of a life time

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
200 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Iberostar Grand Room distinctions

Hi Dan, me again. Honeymoon? Swim up

rooms, nice concept, but are NOT private. We used them on our first stay, not worth the extra money if you expect private romance, these rooms face the Iberostarr Bavaro next door and there are endless maintenance folks running up and down at all times. Most rooms facing the center courtyard are concidered "ocean view", which is a bit of a stretch. These rooms are all identical, the only rooms with true ocean view and a slightly bigger floor plan are the ones immediately facing the ocean at the ends of the "U" shaped complex and they cost a premium rate. One of our visits we booked a so called "ocean view" and received a room at the lower end of the "U", the furthest away from the ocean and totally blocked by vegetation. We complained and got a room overlooking the "boat". As repeat costumers, we now book the basic room and have received similar rooms on subsequent visits. If TRUE ocean view matters for your honeymoon, and it would matter to me, than book the "ocean front" rooms, they are pricier. Good luck!

Scotland
Level Contributor
579 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Iberostar Grand Room distinctions

I suppose it's each to their own, sun is right the swim ups have no view, and the pool is shared( there are two sets of seven rooms, with both sets having a shared pool.) We ALWAYS go swim up, and love it, the bests rooms are no doubt the ocean front (only 12 rooms) but they are pricey, last year we were offered an upgrade to OF but preferred to keep our swim up..

Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Iberostar Grand Room distinctions

Thanks for the pointers guys :)

Sounds like our plan is going to be to hope we're offered a swim up when we get there; we'll actually be down the street the night before (we're gonna do a night at hard rock, which my travel agent tells me is crazy, but...I think will be fun, totally different, and then we can get out of there before we're sick of it), so hopefully we can get there before the crowds. :)

Thanks again for all the tips guys!

8. Re: Iberostar Grand Room distinctions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, August 11, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Bavaro