We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which all inclusive?

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
37 posts
75 reviews
Save Topic
Which all inclusive?

Hello,

My husband, Sister in law and 11 year old niece are going to the DR next June for the first time. I have done some research and think Bavaro Beach is a good choice. I have researched all inclusive, resorts and have narrowed my search to these:

1. Melia Caribe Tropical

2. Grand palladium Palace

3.Catalonia Punta Cana

4. Grand Bahia Principe (Ambar or Esmeralda)

Our priorities are:

1. Beautiful beach

2. Decent to good food

3. Close beach access

4. Not crowded

5.Relaxed social scene

Any feedback would be appreciated!

Thank you,

Wendy

Providence, Rhode...
Level Contributor
1,374 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which all inclusive?

wkotch, recently back from the Bahia complex, and would take it off your list, very crowded at the beach, and the water does have medium size waves, a slight undertow, not very suitable for your 11 year old neice. Wold suggest you add the Majestic Colonial too look over, bigger beach, very clean, not as crowded and has calmer water than the Bahia complex. Good food, good atmosphere, nice rooms, and would fit all that you are looking for. Best Wishes, Leo & Sue

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
37 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which all inclusive?

Thank you so much for your feedback!

St. John's, Canada
Destination Expert
for Newfoundland and Labrador
Level Contributor
3,618 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which all inclusive?

We stayed at the Palladium complex last year. The Palace section is smaller and compact, right next to the beach. IMHO the beach there is much better than at the Bahia because it is wider with calmer water. Lots of things to do including a good kids program. You would have access to two other sections of the complex including all the pools, bars, buffets and a la cartes, and a la cartes are unlimited with no reservations.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
9,974 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which all inclusive?

Good advice by LeoSue.

Melia has some rooms close to the beach, but some quite far, but quite calm water. I'd also add Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe for an amazing beach with calm waters, and all rooms close to the beach.

Mark

Providence, Rhode...
Level Contributor
1,374 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which all inclusive?

wkotch, One thing you might also want to keep in mind, the Bavaro Beach resort does NOT have "palapas" on their beach to provide needed shade for you and especially your 11 yr niece, which is an absolute must, otherwise you have to depend on the tall palm trees for shade which is NOT sufficient to protect all from the burning rays of the sun. The Majestic Colonial has plenty of "palapas" to get under to protect you from the sun. Just in case you don't know, a "palapa" is like a large palm leaf shaded umbrella, implanted in the beach sand. Believe me, from years of experience, you really do want go to a resort that DOES have "palapas", no matter which resort you may choose. Hope this helps you a little more. Best Wishes, Leo & Sue

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
37 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which all inclusive?

I am still working on deciding on which resort to choose! :(

Does Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe have umbrellas on their beach?

Also, which beaches are sandier and have clearer waters, Bavaro or Punta Cana?

Please share your experience.

Thank you,

Wendy

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
2,482 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Which all inclusive?

No they don't have umbrellas/ palapas. Lots of Palm trees.

Huddersfield...
Level Contributor
576 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Which all inclusive?

From your list I would go for the Grand Palladium Palace. thats my personal preference, others may have a different view though.

I'll second Leosues comments about the beach at the Bahia.

Have a good one.

Cheers,

Dave

Guelph, Canada
Level Contributor
2,195 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Which all inclusive?

Not sure what you mean by "which beaches are sandier"...?

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
37 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Which all inclusive?

Not pebbles, rocks, seaweed!

Get answers to your questions about Bavaro