We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Expedia Frustration when trying to change resort!!!!

new hampshire
Level Contributor
413 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Expedia Frustration when trying to change resort!!!!

Booked a package with expedial to Majestic Colonial Adults Only Club, purchased insurance the kind that allows you to change your hotel anytime! well this is for Feb 2015, I paid $1200 deposit, the bal due 1/7/15. I noticed that the Majestestic Elegance Club Adults only is now only $100 more, so I called up Expedia and said I want to change, oh yes we can do that but you first must pay your whole amount now.Wow I looked and I can't find this nor was I told this, I think its poor business that I was not able to change hotel (not flight) without having to pay the entire package right now. Has anybody ran into this before? please let me know and for all of you who are booking now you know!you must pay the entrie v-k package before you can change hotel!

illinois
Level Contributor
354 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Expedia Frustration when trying to change resort!!!!

My friends had the same situation. After numerous phone calls to expedia, they used their insurance to cancel their hotel reservation with expedia. Then called their travel agent and asked her to match expedia's hotel and transfer pricing with applevacations. Apple will only match hotel reservations that include transfers. Hope this helps. I never use websites to book my travel. If I find a cheaper price, I too call my travel agent and have have her do price match with apple.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
4,610 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Expedia Frustration when trying to change resort!!!!

Does your type of insurance also cover cancel for any reason? If so, can you cancel the original booking without penalty and then rebook the ME for the better price?

Hartford...
Level Contributor
2,113 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Expedia Frustration when trying to change resort!!!!

Taprice said what I was thinking, lol.

But Expedia has been great for the lowest price, as long as you don't have to call them. My longest hold time was over 2 hours.

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
467 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Expedia Frustration when trying to change resort!!!!

The only potential problem with this is if you have your flight packaged with your hotel. I do not know if this is true so take it with a grain of salt but perhaps if you cancel the trip, they may try to make you cancel the flight and that presents a whole new set of hassles and charges. We never saw the 1/2 payment option and have always paid in full at booking, knowing that the premium insurance will help us if there is a problem so making changes has never been an issue.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
4,610 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Expedia Frustration when trying to change resort!!!!

De that flight booking thing is always a problem, if you have to cancel to rebook, then you always stand the chance of loosing the flight option. Once we went in to book and there was only 13 seats left on the flight, that was back for my feb booking. And another time we called into my TA to book a last minute and the price was already gone, plane sold out. That's why the last minute pricing, they just needed to fill the charter. But OP might have some time since it's way out.

6. Re: Expedia Frustration when trying to change resort!!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, April 17, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Bavaro