We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Riu Palace Macao..... Golden Oldies!!!

Which Bavaro hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
44 posts
Save Topic
Riu Palace Macao..... Golden Oldies!!!

We are in our mid 40's (prob that's considered a golden oldie judging by some reviews) and going to the Macao in November.

I take a pinch of salt with all reviews but it is starting to irritate me that so many people have an issue with anyone over a certain age..... People seem to forget that that will be them some day.

Granted everyone is entitled to an opinion but hey come on!! Someone even had the audacity to comment hotel had lots of disabled and gay/ lesbian couples.... And your issue with this is???

Just having a little rant and not meaning to offend anyone.... looking forward to meeting those who are there at the same time as us.....If you want discos and party games then maybe this isn't the place for you.

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
988 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Riu Palace Macao..... Golden Oldies!!!

Well said! We loved the Macao and hope to return again someday. It was a mixed crowd when we were there young old and in between we were 3 couples forties and early fifties. Not every resort needs to be a " party" place, you want that go to Cancun!!

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
44 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Riu Palace Macao..... Golden Oldies!!!

Thanks cinnamongirl..... Roll on November :-)

lytham st annes...
Level Contributor
122 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Riu Palace Macao..... Golden Oldies!!!

We go on Wednesday :) I'm 31 and the mrs is 24. However she calls me victor meldrew so I will fit right in :) can't wait

Amsterdam
Level Contributor
1,886 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Riu Palace Macao..... Golden Oldies!!!

Well said!

I was there in January and thought the guest where really a mixed bag.

There seemd to be slightly more people above 35 (I think that is a plus as in general they handle their drinks a bit better than the puppy's :)

Saw all kinds there but deffinitaly would not type cast the resort as a place that is visited by a lot of elders, gay or handicapt people al all!

I saw saw one eldery lady with a walking frame, she looked like she was over a hundered years old but stil joined in the streching excercises and had fun playing some games. She put a smile on everybody face as I think we all wished we would get old like that.

As for gays, I think love is a wonderfull thing that can never be thought of as wrong and what people do whith whom in their bedrooms is non of my business.

99% of the people I know I really dont want to know what they get up to in private :)

Amy

Amy

Edited: 4:34 am, February 20, 2014
Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
44 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Riu Palace Macao..... Golden Oldies!!!

Hi NigePP have a wonderful time ... Will look forward to hearing all about it :-)

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
44 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Riu Palace Macao..... Golden Oldies!!!

Hi Amy,

A mix bag sounds great with me...and that is what it's all about.

Sometimes you have to make the effort with others, maybe some of the negative views are from people who never did and instead judged from afar. :-(

xx

lytham st annes...
Level Contributor
122 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Riu Palace Macao..... Golden Oldies!!!

Thanks deevine :) I'm not overly bothered if we get there and it's like a scene from the film cocoon :) im just going to relax for 3 weeks and to enjoy time with the mrs :) soppy I know haha

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
44 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Riu Palace Macao..... Golden Oldies!!!

Soppy but ideal NigePP... We are exactly the same too....3 weeks you lucky things :-)

9. Re: Riu Palace Macao..... Golden Oldies!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, February 22, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Bavaro