We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Majestic Elegance vs. Iberostar Grand Bavaro

Arkansas
Level Contributor
320 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Majestic Elegance vs. Iberostar Grand Bavaro

Trip Advisor rates the Iberostar Grand as #1 in Punta Cana. USAToday rates Majestic Elegance as #8 in entire Caribbean - with no mention of Iberostar Grand Bavaro. Planning a vacation for June and trying to decide between the two. Would save about $1,000 for 6 nights at Majestic Elegance as compared to the Grand. Any comparisons or opinions?

Edited: 2:21 pm, February 02, 2014
Amsterdam
Level Contributor
1,918 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Majestic Elegance vs. Iberostar Grand Bavaro

Hello,

I have been to both so hopefully can come up with some insight for you.

You have not said what you are looking for in a resort so I can only give a general idea.

The Grand is, really grand. Top notch service good food, great beach. With the Grand you pay for a resort where you do not need to be next to somebody else o the beach and pook if you d not wish to,

No kids, big beach very clean resort but....

The Grand is kinda of quiet, apart from the boat party once a week the nightlife is non excistent.

Elegance is a nice resort, no where near as glitzy as the Grand but more lively. Beach is more crowded, restaurtants are and so is the bar in the evening.

The athmosphere in both resorts is very different. Grand is upmarket kinda quiet with and Elegance is a little more lively and feels a little more crowded.

Both resorts are very suitable for a great vacation but you need to ask youself if you want to relax and be pampared or if you want to be a bit more social and 'party'.

Grand is like a stroll in the park with high tea afterwards and Elegance is like a pickinsck in the park with friends music and drinks.

Amy

Edited: 3:32 pm, February 02, 2014
murillo
Level Contributor
6,328 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Majestic Elegance vs. Iberostar Grand Bavaro

i would think IBG is a half star or more above ME... I'd save the $1000 but you should try both if you have mucho dinero . Flip a coin ...there are other resorts that are alot more $ than IBG

Edited: 3:39 pm, February 02, 2014
Arkansas
Level Contributor
320 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Majestic Elegance vs. Iberostar Grand Bavaro

Have either of you been to Excellence - that one is also part of our decision. In fact, probably in top two along with IBG.

Amsterdam
Level Contributor
1,918 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Majestic Elegance vs. Iberostar Grand Bavaro

Sorry I have not been there.

heard that people like if for the food and more tropical athmosphere but I can not give my own opinion..

Amy

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
229 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Majestic Elegance vs. Iberostar Grand Bavaro

We were at the Grand with friends who had been to Excellence and they liked the Grand better. We loved it, and are going back soon.

Boynton Beach...
Level Contributor
4,168 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Majestic Elegance vs. Iberostar Grand Bavaro

We've been to both Excellence and Majestic Elegance. We prefer Elegance. Others on this forum prefer Excellence. It's a matter of preferences. They are very similar in some ways. Quiet, desolate beach with water on the rough side at Excellence. More people watching, whiter sand, and calmer waters at Elegance. Food is about the same at both, but we found more choices at Elegance. Social life/night life and choice of bars seems much more plentiful and active at Elegance. If you are going Club Level, Elegance wins hands down......multiple club small pools in addition to main pool, multiple lounges, extra eating areas, etc. We've always been attracted to IBG, but don't think we'd get our $ worth for the extra bucks and don't need things that quiet always. We've also always been able to find better pricing at Elegance than Excellence for comparable rooms in Club Level.

West Chicago
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Majestic Elegance vs. Iberostar Grand Bavaro

I'm going to Bavaro in 12 hours. We have access to all hotels. So you can enjoy nightlife at Elegance and private beach etc. At I

Grand Bavaro

Kentwood Michigan
9 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Majestic Elegance vs. Iberostar Grand Bavaro

We were at IBG last April and loved it! This June we are headed to Excellence with another couple. After being at the Grand I'm a little nervous about Excellence! We are not picky people so I'm sure we will have a blast! Just grateful to be going back to Punta Cana!!!

Erie, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
726 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Majestic Elegance vs. Iberostar Grand Bavaro

I haven't been to Excellencen Punta Cana but have been to Excellence Playa Mujeres and have been to Iberostar Grand in Mexico. The iberostar chain does everything a little better than Excellence and the beach at Iberostar Grand Bavaro is safer for swimming. The beach at Excellence is rough and can be unsafe. I have also been to Majestic elegance and really enjoyed my stay there but have to vote for Iberostar particularly if the difference in price is not a deal breaker. If you have the money now and are willing to spend it - give Iberostar a try now. You never know what your budget will be for your next vacation. Or when you will be able to take one. If you are intrigued and it ticks your boxes and you can afford it, just do it. Book Iberostar.

Edited: 9:45 pm, January 20, 2015
10. Re: Majestic Elegance vs. Iberostar Grand Bavaro

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, January 22, 2016
Get answers to your questions about Bavaro