We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ocean Blue & Sand renovations

Falmouth...
Level Contributor
58 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Ocean Blue & Sand renovations

Are the renovations at OB&S in the guest rooms or the in the public ares or both? Why should I choose this resort over Majestic Colonial or NOW Larimar?

Wasaga Beach, Canada
Level Contributor
46 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Ocean Blue & Sand renovations

We will be travelling there in 3 weeks. We did receive a memo from our travel agent stating that she had just got notice that at the time we will be there they will be doing renovations, which are basically changing out the mattresses, some room furniture and pictures etc. Hopefully we get one of these nice fresh rooms,:)

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
141 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Ocean Blue & Sand renovations

Hi all. Just wanted to bump this. I am booked at Majestic Colonial (Club) right now, but I accidentally caught a ridiculous deal on a Privilege Suite today on Expedia (which has since tripled in price). Thinking about switching. Are the renovations/refresh close to being complete? Is it worth the switch? We would be there right before Christmas.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
6,419 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Ocean Blue & Sand renovations

Last I heard all renovations and remodeling is to be completed by second week of December 2013.

Boston...
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Ocean Blue & Sand renovations

According to Ocean Blue & Sand's facebook page, the renovations will be complete by December 15th. My family and I will be there next week, hopefully the renovations will not be too intrusive, but I really don't think they will be.

Boston...
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: Ocean Blue & Sand renovations

Just got back this last Saturday for OBS. The renovations as everyone knows are going on in the Lobby, which really wasn't a problem for us. They are also renovating El Carey buffet restaurant, but La Tortuga is open. They are "refreshing" rooms. We stayed in Villa 6 and they were replacing headboards, mirrors and toilets from what I could see. The noise wasn't too bad, they never started drilling before 10:00 am.

Fairly decent resort, but not sure if I would return.

16. Re: Ocean Blue & Sand renovations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, December 05, 2014