We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

24 Room Service at Luxury Bahia Principe Ambar- Adults Only?

Santa Barbara...
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Topic
24 Room Service at Luxury Bahia Principe Ambar- Adults Only?

Hi,

Does anyone know if the Luxury Bahia Ambar offers 24 hour room service that is included in the All Inclusive rate?

Also is maid service included in the All Inclusive rate?

According to pics, looks like there is a jacuzzi tub in every room as well.

I have read that top shelf alcohol is included, is wine as well???

I have read as well that you can eat at the other restaurants for free. Are they walking distance?

Also, what room number would you prefer?

Why the Ambar over the other properties??

Expedia only gives us the option of junior suite with a garden or ocean view.

Sorry so many questions!

Thank you very much for all your help! I appreciate it!!

We are

MTL
Level Contributor
4,829 posts
1 review
Save Reply
11. Re: 24 Room Service at Luxury Bahia Principe Ambar- Adults Only?

Thanks guys but really all thank yous should be directed to Brooklin Bubba King John for his extensive knowledge on the Bahia and the amazingly well composed articles of endless information. He goes out of his way to assist everyone and even talks with the resort on a weekly basis to ensure information is up to date and accurate.

We all try to help one way or another :)

Safe Travels!

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
1,411 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: 24 Room Service at Luxury Bahia Principe Ambar- Adults Only?

Well said Bigjim.

Sag Harbor, New York
Level Contributor
5,923 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: 24 Room Service at Luxury Bahia Principe Ambar- Adults Only?

Yup on the Big Jim. I mean talk about comprehensive? LOL!

Flip Flop Man and MHEATH's EPC posts are much the same way. Anything you wanna know, they tell you and a few things you'd not think about.

There are several folks here that give the most detailed of postings and reviews that I do not think we can thank them all enough. This stuff takes time!

I, for one, plan to sit in the Bubba Chair upon arrival to the Ambar so I can feel the umm...Bubbaness! *dies laughing here*

Larry could not understand why no French fries served with room service. I wanted to BAP him on the head! I mean THINK man! How to keep something crunchy when covered up while hot and then walked to a room? The fries would be soggy! Silly man!

Another 201 days.....

Edited: 5:40 pm, July 14, 2013
Swadlincote, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
509 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: 24 Room Service at Luxury Bahia Principe Ambar- Adults Only?

Hi all,

Sounds great! 2 Questions if anyone can answer for us....

1) Can we get a latte / cappuccino anywhere?

2) Is the Ambar lobby bar quiet at night with an outdoor seating area?

Thanks for any advice.

HnT

Brooklin, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
13,168 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: 24 Room Service at Luxury Bahia Principe Ambar- Adults Only?

ScubaDuo,

Cappuccino /latte is served in the main lobby.

The main lobby bar has plenty of seating and is open air concept. There is also an outdoor patio on the beach side of the main lobby, where waiter service is also available.

Every night there is a piano player and a lady singing - many guests dancing to the music. This all ends approx 11:30pm when the lobby bar closes and guests then have the option to make there way to the large shopping and entertainment area of the resort, shared by all guests of the. 5 Bahia resorts, called the Pueblo Principe until the wee hours of the morning.

Hope this does assist you.

John

Brooklin (Bubba King)

St. Catharines...
Level Contributor
249 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: 24 Room Service at Luxury Bahia Principe Ambar- Adults Only?

The Ambar lobby has gotten quite a bit livelier in the last year.

Brooklin, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
13,168 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: 24 Room Service at Luxury Bahia Principe Ambar- Adults Only?

Just an update on post number 1 on the theme nights at the a la cartes - noticed that the information dates back to July 2013 - as this older posting has resurfaced, thought it best to make sure everyone had the more recent schedule as posted back in August of this year, which is still in effect.

.Monday - Spanish

Tuesday - Gala (seafood) - the most popular night

Wednesday - Oriental

Thursday - Italian

Friday - Dominican

Saturday - Mexican

Sunday - American (BBQ style - meats)

The theme nights are the same for all resorts. The buffet is open from 6:30pm to 10:30pm.

The Bahia Ambar resort started the process of requiring guests to make a reservation for the Tuesday night "Gala" night only, on May 23/13. It will continue as long as the demand is so great.

The decision was made to provide guests better service - guests were having to line up at the entrance to the buffet for too long of a period of time. In order to provide more organization on the Ambar's part and to be able to properly accommodate the guests, they now have sittings at 6:00, 6:30, 8:00 & 8:30pm.

Guests can also prebook the buffet the same way they may pre book their a la cartes prior to arrival, as listed in the details found on the right side of this page under "Top questions about Punta Cana" - scroll down to the topic "Revised May 10/13: Gran Bahia Principe Room & A la Carte Request Information".

Of the 5 different Bahia resorts in Punta Cana, the Ambar is the only one requiring this process of having to make reservations on the one night only - Tuesday nights for the seafood on "Gala" night.

I do hope this does help.

John

Brooklin (Bubba King)

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
4,610 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: 24 Room Service at Luxury Bahia Principe Ambar- Adults Only?

GEESH Dawn and to think I only picked The Ambar b/c of you... now I want to stay longer LOL

2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
19. Re: 24 Room Service at Luxury Bahia Principe Ambar- Adults Only?

Do they have ice cream. Going in October.

2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
20. Re: 24 Room Service at Luxury Bahia Principe Ambar- Adults Only?

Do they have ice cream. Going in October.