We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Now Larimar (Punta Cana) VS one of the Grand Pallidums

Which Bavaro hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Santa Barbara...
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Topic
Now Larimar (Punta Cana) VS one of the Grand Pallidums

Hi,

We were set with staying at the Now Larimar because we have stayed at the Now Jade in Riviera Maya (it was very nice) but I have heard the water isnt very calm on the Bavaro side. Please confirm. I am looking for very nice water and a clean room preferably with a jacuzzi tub which Larimar has. :)

Also would you prefer one of the Grand Pallidums instead of the Now?? They also have a jacuzzi tub.

Which food is better and overall experience? It seems like the Now has better reviews but am skeptical because I heard the beach wasn't that nice.

Any help would be fantastic!!

We are deciding between these as well as Playa Del Carmen.

Do you know if the water is better in Playa or Punta?

THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP!

Ottawa
Level Contributor
1,114 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Now Larimar (Punta Cana) VS one of the Grand Pallidums

We've stayed at both twice each, we prefer Palladium.

J.

Naples,FL
Level Contributor
117 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Now Larimar (Punta Cana) VS one of the Grand Pallidums

We stayed at palladium bavaro last year. We loves the room big and comfy. Big bathroom with jetted jacuzzi tub. Liked the food and the beach was awesome. Bavaro section has the updated rooms. I've been to Bahia Ambar, and this hotel had a less crowed beach and more room to walk, move around.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
9,949 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Now Larimar (Punta Cana) VS one of the Grand Pallidums

Now Larimar is on Bavaro Beach. It's famous for a reason. White sand, deep, and with calm waters.

Palladium is just north of Bavaro Beach. Also a very nice beach, but not always as calm as Bavaro Beach.

Mark

Santa Barbara...
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Now Larimar (Punta Cana) VS one of the Grand Pallidums

Thank you!!

Santa Barbara...
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Now Larimar (Punta Cana) VS one of the Grand Pallidums

Mheath,

I read that Bavaro Beach wasn't too calm and that the Bayahibe is better. I am SO confused. Maybe I should stop reading so much info.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Thank you all again!

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
9,949 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Now Larimar (Punta Cana) VS one of the Grand Pallidums

I haven't been to Bayahibe. I've stayed on Bavaro Beach 8 times. It ranges from Now Larimar/Secrets down to just past Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe. The water has always been very calm. It's also calm further south on Cabeza De Toro Beach, and I'm told it's calm along the southern shore of the DR, including Bayahibe.

Mike Fisher, who has a Marina down there, and lives just south of Bavaro Beach (I believe) says the water is calm on Bavaro Beach year round.

Mark

Arnprior, Canada
Level Contributor
1,794 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Now Larimar (Punta Cana) VS one of the Grand Pallidums

Generally, the further away from the airport you go the rougher the water. Water would be calmer at NOW.

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
12,977 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Now Larimar (Punta Cana) VS one of the Grand Pallidums

Mike does not have a marina....just a clarification.

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
12,977 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Now Larimar (Punta Cana) VS one of the Grand Pallidums

Mark...you are giving a lot of mis-info.

Firstly, both Now and Palladium are on Bavaro Beach, in fact the walking distance between the 2 is about 1/2 mile. Waters are virtually the same at both.

As for the waters "always" being calm...hardly the case. There are days where the chop can make staying in the water a difficult endevour.

Cabeza del Toro has the calmer waters.

Now will have a ton of boat activity along it's beach whereas Palladium will be quieter in that respect.

Palladium's property definitely wins in the landscape department...very green and lush.

Now's rooms...very modern, but most are open concept.

Food...subjective, but I find Palladium's food more consistent in preparation and quality.

Cheers

PCMike

Edited: 2:39 pm, July 10, 2013
Allentown, PA
Level Contributor
447 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Now Larimar (Punta Cana) VS one of the Grand Pallidums

I'd recommend the Palladium Royal Suites. We were just there in June and have just booked our return trip today for end of May. Third visit there!

Get answers to your questions about Bavaro