We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Excellence

Level Contributor
25 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Excellence

Has anyone stayed here? How is the beach? I have stayed at Majestic on Bavaro Beach and the beach was amazing. This resort is more north.

7 replies to this topic
Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
6,505 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Excellence

Which one? There are 2 Excellence. EEC and EPC. EEC is new. EPC currently being renovated.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
62,688 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Excellence

We have stayed at both and they are both very nice but very different to each other which is why knowing which one you are looking at

Please note the sand on either beach is more tan coloured than white like on Bavaro Beach

Level Contributor
25 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Excellence

I’m referring to Excellence Punta Cana

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
62,688 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Excellence

Hi again

In that cases as I said before the sand on the beach is more tan coloured than white and is huge and is isolated enough that you cannot see any other properties son either side of it

Please note the ocean is normally too rough to do any swimming, etc and is more for playing in

the property is due to reopen again in a few days time after some major renovation / remodelling

We have been seven times and will be returning again next April now that it has been updated

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
10,365 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Excellence

Majestic is not on Bavaro Beach. It's on Arena Gorda Beach. In my opinion, the beach at Excellence Punta Cana is superior, although the water is rougher. Huge beach with nothing on either side. Bavaro Beach is also superior (with calmer water), but it's a busy beach.

Mark

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
1,200 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Excellence

There is calm water just around the bend if you prefer floating to playing in the waves. If you're looking toward the water, head to the right. As others have mentioned, the Uvero Alto area is much less built up than the area farther south. No other resorts in sight in either direction, and the beach is quite expansive. Very soft sand and lots and lots of palm trees and palapas for everyone to spread out under.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
62,688 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Excellence

Just a word of warning if you do opt for EPC and go swimming off property that you will be out of sight for the lifeguards that they have stationed on the beach

Reply to: Excellence
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted