We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Going to Sosua Bay Hotel, sickness present?

Ottawa, Canada
6 posts
Save Topic
Going to Sosua Bay Hotel, sickness present?

My fiance and I are going to Sosua Bay Hotel for our honeymoon. Our trip to Mexico was cancelled from not having enought people on the flight. I've been reading reviews and getting worried. Is their still a virus present at the hotel or area? I would appreciate your input.

US
3 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Going to Sosua Bay Hotel, sickness present?

My family just resturned from the hotel the week before last, and we didn't see any signs of a virus. This doesn't necessarily mean that it wasn't there, but we had a group of about 30 people there for a wedding and no one got sick from a virus. Several people did have upset tummies at various times, but I believe this is par for the course in the Carribean. No one had anything serious, and a few doses of Immodium seemed to take care of the problem. I myself was extremely worried before going, but everything worked out fine! I am sure you will have a lovely time.

Orlando, FL
Level Contributor
751 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Going to Sosua Bay Hotel, sickness present?

I just got back Sunday from staying in the Sosua area. I didn't stay in the Sosua Bay hotel, but I was in the area and I didn't get sick.

Ottawa, Canada
6 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Going to Sosua Bay Hotel, sickness present?

Thank you for the input. I'm looking forward to a nice trip, hopefully everything will be alright.

UK
12 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Going to Sosua Bay Hotel, sickness present?

For those who have just returned from sosua what was the weather like as it looks quite grim on the forecast??

Get answers to your questions about Sosua