We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

couples to do list

Which Sosua hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Brooklyn, New York
10 posts
Save Topic
couples to do list

Hey guy. Only a couple more days to sosua from snowy NYC. My wife has been looking for things for "couples" to do and she is reading about all the fun things "single dudes" do. she has no problem with that part of sosua. Are there any romantic spots suggestions....at least until she gets a couple drinks in her..then its no hold barred.lol

Sosua, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Sosua, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
17,177 posts
222 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: couples to do list

Monkey jungle

Dinner and evening cocktails at the Waterfront restaurant (not my favorite place for food)

A couple of evenings for sunset cocktails and dinner on the beach in Cabarete and one evening for cocktails and dinner at the Valero hotel in Cabarete (best overall views for sunset in the area and very good food)

BObK

Brooklyn, New York
10 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: couples to do list

yeah she will like that !!! What are the cab fees and distance time from sosua to cabarete?

Sosua, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Sosua, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
17,177 posts
222 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: couples to do list

Cab should be about $15 or so each way and it will take about 12 minutes.

BObK

Level Contributor
228 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: couples to do list

I agree with Bobk

Also try a restaurant called la pundilla piogrigio

I forgot how to spell... It has an amazing sunset and good food, I personally like the food better then the waterfront restaurant

Also you can take a diving lesson with a professional camera man it's very romantic if you don't fear water ... You can set it up at the northern coast diving center on the main strip

You can also see the waterfall at dam aqua waterfall ( probably spelled it wrong ) it is a good excursion

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
195 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: couples to do list

A day of horseback riding in the hills, not far from Sosua, at Rancho Lobo Gris (look at the website). Then you could stay the night up there in the beautiful ranch house......just the two of you.....and be cooked for. You'd love this, I'm sure. See the Trip Advisor reviews.

There are just too many things to do.......YouTube has a lot of videos of Sosua, Cabarete, and surrounding areas.Also, look at TA's list of things to do, attractions, etc.

Silver Spring...
Destination Expert
for Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
7,832 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: couples to do list

La Punta Piogrigio has good views. Decent Italian food last I ate there. I go to Waterfront on special occasions. Unlike Bob I like the food, great view.

New York City
Destination Expert
for Sosua
Level Contributor
3,584 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: couples to do list

I'm old school. In my warped mind, it's not so much the 'where' that makes things romantic, but rather the 'whom'. My point is there's an opportunity for romance at every turn, every where, if you remain open to explore and indeed exploit the beauty of spontaneity for the benefit of the love of your life.

So, yeah, spend time dining at restaurants with great sunset views, but be just as willing, for example, to pick a dandelion you may happen upon and gently place it in her hair right behind her ear before telling her you wouldn't wanna be anywhere else, with anyone else, than 'right here in Sosua at this moment with you'... Now kiss her like ya mean it!

Buen viaje! :-)

Brooklyn, New York
10 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: couples to do list

hey BFG...the dandelion trick is how i got her....Now i gotta step my game up lol. she wants the sunset and drinks. thx guys

Silver Spring...
Destination Expert
for Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
7,832 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: couples to do list

Waterfront makes a great Banana Flambe' tableside. She'll like that.

New York City
Destination Expert
for Sosua
Level Contributor
3,584 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: couples to do list

Ahh-ha! I knew it! You're one smooove customer there, Jussy!

Here's wishing you and your better half, one great, safe, fun, and romantic trip to Sosua!