We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vaccines

Which Sosua hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Victoria, British...
Level Contributor
133 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Vaccines

My wife and I both have had twinrix.

I was reading somewhere about other concerns in the DR. Do you need any other travellers vaccines such as typhoid, dengue or malaria?

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
195 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vaccines

Hi there Philisito,

We have never gotten travel vaccines.....never a problem. However, you may want to ask your doctor if it"s bothering you. We have our flu shots every year, but haven' t given other vaccines much thought. I did read about dengue in the DR, but don't know much about it. Take lots and lots of fly repellent, just in case. (No, not for our BFG, lol). Perhaps other posters on the forum have some ideas on this issue?

Silver Spring...
Destination Expert
for Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
7,669 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Vaccines

There is no vaccine for Dengue. A good repellent with Deet is the best advice on Dengue.

Most UK travellers take anti-malarials based on Insurance rules but most North Americans don't. No one who lives here takes anit-malarials. The risk is below low.

Ottawa Canada
Level Contributor
243 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vaccines

This is the first year we're trying Dukoral. I guess it's just like insurance, not to spoil your vacation.

Sosua, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Sosua, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
16,935 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Vaccines

You should always be up to date on Hep and tetanus vac.

BObK

Vancouver
Level Contributor
52 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Vaccines

they sell Off! insect repellent in the Playero supermarket if you do not want to pack it in your suitcase

Victoria, British...
Level Contributor
133 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Vaccines

We're up to date on Hep. I never remember when I last had a tetanus shot.

we have an appointment at a travel vaccine clinic on Thursday. Guess they'll let us know what we should get poked with.

We'll get bug goop in Playero market.

Thanks for the suggestions.

7. Re: Vaccines

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, January 16, 2015