We will be staying at the IBC in Feb (with teenage girls 16/17). This will be our 3rd time back to the IBC. I would like to take a trip to Sosua for a few reasons; therefore, my questions are as follows:
1) how much should it cost us to get from IBC to Sosua, via taxi?
2) The reason for the trip to Sosua is to check it out for future visits to POP and to get away from the big box hotel scene. With that said, if we stayed at a place in Sosua that was not a big box hotel and say we picked a place that was a 5-10 min walk to beach, do hotels in this area offer patrons fold up chairs, towels, umbrella's that we could bring to the beach? Being at the beach is the main reason for us to be in DR in the winter, we could sit there all day...(well almost).
3) Would you agree that the cost to stay in Sousa would be less than a stay at IBC/night or would it basically be the same when you add up the cost of 2 meals a day/drinks/snacks/etc?
4) Am I correct in saying that Sosua is safe during the day and as well at night as long as we use common sense?
5) Can you feel free to walk the beach area in Sosua during the day? Is there a limit to how far one can walk along the beach? I say this because at IBC we once walked westerly along the beach and after we passed where the hotels ended, we were told by locals not to go any farther around the point. I wanted to go on as there were folks fishing and donkeys walking the beach but my wife wanted to turn around.
Your opinions and responses are very much appreciated. Thank you in advance.