We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in July DR

London, United...
Level Contributor
117 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Weather in July DR

Hello,

I'd like to know what the weather is like at the mo tracked it over the last 2 weeks and all I see is rain rain but it could be different when over there. Anyone recently come back from DR?

Thanks

Sosua, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Sosua, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
17,354 posts
277 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in July DR

Answered your question with your other post.

Last two weeks about 4-5 rain showers of which one was 1 hour long and lots of rain. Other wise we have had to put up with Sun and HOT temps.

Online forecasts are WRONG about 90% of the time.

My advice is pack the sunscreen and lots of it

BObK

London, United...
Level Contributor
117 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in July DR

Thanks for the update, I'm sure you'd agree that Britian doesn't get that much hot weather so need to be sure that it doesn't rain all day in DR whilst there.

Sosua, Dominican...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
17,354 posts
277 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in July DR

Enjoy and bring sunscreen. It is very expensive here and you will need it.

BObK

New Forest National...
Level Contributor
30 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather in July DR

Hi,

I am due in PC on 2/7/13 and have also been look at the weather (worried a little)

All the reports show that it is rain all day long - But when reading on here, people are saying there's lots of sunshine with a shower each day for around 1 hour.

Can any provide some more information on this - especially with regards to current weather

Ta!

Sosua, Dominican...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
17,354 posts
277 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather in July DR

PC like the north coast has enjoyed basically a month of sunny HOT weather. WE probably had 3 or 4 days of rain showers that would have interrupted day time plans.

Once again stop reading the on line forecasts....they are WRONG about 90% of the time

BObK

6. Re: Weather in July DR

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, June 26, 2014