We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus Service To/From Sosua

Silver Spring...
Destination Expert
for Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
8,289 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Bus Service To/From Sosua

I am adding this post to add to Top Questions about Sosua regarding Bus lines serving Sosua.

Silver Spring...
Destination Expert
for Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
8,289 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus Service To/From Sosua

Metro Bus goes West and then South from Sosua to Puerto Plata to Santiago and Santo Domingo. The Bus terminal is at the Texaco Station in El Batey.

metroserviciosturisticos.com/rutas_horarios.…

Caribe Tours station is in the Los Charamicos neighborhood. Buses go to Puerto Plata, Santiago, La Vega, Bonao, Santo Domingo with connections in Santiago and Santo Domingo to other cities in the D.R. and Haiti.

http://www.caribetours.com.do/viajes

From Sosua to Samana, Transportes Papagayo 809-749-6415 leaves Puerto Plata Hospital around 6:45am once a day for Samana. They stop in front of Janet's Cabarete and will stop anywhere in Cabarete/Sosua or along the way if you call them.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
49 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus Service To/From Sosua

I'm having a hard time understanding the Metro Bus schedule. What would I look at to see times for buses between Puerto Plata and Sosua and vice versa?

Silver Spring...
Destination Expert
for Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
8,289 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus Service To/From Sosua

The buses departing Sosua (SOS) all go to PP next.

The buses under Churchill and STGO that show POP/SOS terminate Sosua. Not all SD and Santiago departures go to Sosua.

You will have more service on Caribe Tours.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
49 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bus Service To/From Sosua

Thanks. The caribe tours allows me to pick the exact route I want. So RD$50 from Puerto Plata to Sosua means 50 Dominican Pesos, correct? That is only $1.22 US. Pretty good compared to a taxi.

Silver Spring...
Destination Expert
for Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
8,289 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Bus Service To/From Sosua

RD50 is 50 Pesos yes. That sounds really cheap! There are also guaguas from the main road which are about 50 Pesos so if Caribe Tours is 50 that is wicked cheap.

6. Re: Bus Service To/From Sosua

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, April 06, 2014