We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

grocery prices in sosua

Which Sosua hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
155 posts
Save Topic
grocery prices in sosua

How expensive are groceries and what selection can you get. How expensive is the seafood say local shrimp.\Can you get a good selection of vegetables etc. What about anything organic.

Sosua, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Sosua, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
17,073 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: grocery prices in sosua

Playero is the highest priced place on ALL items including beer. The chicken prices are in pounds. All weighed items in the DR are in pounds at the stores

Shopping for beer at Super super www.surfliquors.com/ or at the distributor in Sosua Abajo should come out to about $1.25 a bottle

Because of the high prices at Playero I try to use it as I would have a convience store back in the US. If i need milk, bread, or eggs because we ran out I will stop there other wise we do all our food shopping elsewhere.

BObK

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
155 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: grocery prices in sosua

where would the elsewhere be for ex where for fruit veggies, meat,bread, fish thanks

Sosua, Dominican...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
17,073 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: grocery prices in sosua

veggies on the main street just down from Super Super liquor store is a small store front for veggies and fruit. She gets fresh stuff Monday and Thursday mornings. Lots of us locals shop there.. I was actually just there this morning. A cantalope melon was 70 pesos there (a bit high this time of year) and a Playero a smaller one was 92 pesos.

For meats there is a german butcher next to the entrance to Ocean Village on the main road. Great stuff.

Fish you can get on most mornings from the guy walking the streets with that early morning's catch.

For a big shop I would go to Puerto Plata to la Sirena and load up. They also have lots of fresh fish, veggies and meats (some imported black angus) at verygood prices.

BObK

Sosua, Dominican...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
17,073 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: grocery prices in sosua

Karen W

I just got back from Super super liquors and a 750ml bottle of Ablolute Vodka was 679 pesoso or about $16.75 US

Hope this helps.

BObK

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
155 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: grocery prices in sosua

Bob have you been to the assoc of fishermen and the assoc of Grocery stores both in Los Charamicos. A local has told me about both of them. Also for the fishermen how early do you have to go to there in the morning to get fish like lobster. Also where is the beer distributor is it in los charamicos as well. Thanks

Carol

Sosua, Dominican...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
17,073 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: grocery prices in sosua

The fish come in at 7-8am or so

The beer distributor is in Sosua Abajo at the light

BObK

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
155 posts
Save Reply
17. Re: grocery prices in sosua

is sosua abajo at the los charamicos end

Sosua, Dominican...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
17,073 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: grocery prices in sosua

Sosua Abajo is the next town west of Charamicos (1 mile or so)

BObK

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
155 posts
Save Reply
19. Re: grocery prices in sosua

Where can i buy a couple of live local lobsters in Sosua. Can anyone help with some info. One day i saw someone walking by selling them but i dont know where to find him.

Sosua, Dominican...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
17,073 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: grocery prices in sosua

Answered on your other post. Currently NO lobsters should be for sale it is the season of NO lobster fishing

BObK

Get answers to your questions about Sosua