We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Garden view Room vs Superior Garden view Room

Ottawa,
Level Contributor
32 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Garden view Room vs Superior Garden view Room

on the www site I am viewing, it now shows there are ONLY Superior view Rooms available of course at an extra price.

So question is:

Does anyone know what the difference is? or is it just a game to get extra $$$ for the same room.

Anyone have a certain Hotel Block they prefer.

I am told they have done some renovations, any idea which rooms or blocks they have done the renovations to?

and, on another topic, does the Jacuzzi have HOT water?

Thanks for any comments.

Silver Spring...
Destination Expert
for Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
7,993 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Garden view Room vs Superior Garden view Room

Which resort?

Ottawa,
Level Contributor
32 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Garden view Room vs Superior Garden view Room

Sorry,

Casa Marina Reef Resort

and is it true you have to pay for a palapa on the beach?

soo ontario
Level Contributor
315 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Garden view Room vs Superior Garden view Room

I have been to this resort 8 times. I speak with some background

1. I prefer the room on the reefside because it has more activity. Now mt daughter likes the beach side because it is quieter..So you decide what you want. There is a few rooms with an oceon view but you have to look over some trees. There is a map on this forum under pictures of the resort. If you stay at the end of either building on the reef you will see the water. The rooms have flat screen TVs, new bedcoverings, new desks. The beach far sid was being done in March but not sure if it is finished.

2.The beaches on either side of the resort are open to the public. Yes you pay for an umbrella (3.00 per day).

3. The water in the pools in the rocks is cold. You do not notice it because the air is so hot.

Hope all this helps. If you have other questions you can send me a private e-mail through the private messages

Salmon Arm, Canada
Level Contributor
1,807 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Garden view Room vs Superior Garden view Room

I agree with D>J>. The nice thing about paying for the sun umbrella is the beach boy will keep it and your chairs all day if you let him know you are off for a snack or drink etc. The cold jacuzzi is a popular spot and I have never heard a complaint about them being cool, actually it is a nice way to beat the heat. We have always requested an upper floor room by the pool on the Reef side but on our last trip I booked a garden view room ( real cheap). When we arrived we were given a ground floor pool side room which we loved. No stairs and walk right out onto the pool deck . The only time we locked our patio door was when we left the resort to walk around town. The resort itself is not huge and only three stories tall and no real ocean views and the amount of time you will spend in the room, I would book the cheapest and use the extra money on Presidentes in town...lol

Mike :)

Mississauga,Ontario
Level Contributor
395 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Garden view Room vs Superior Garden view Room

Hi there everyone, I'm not sure what a Superior Garden view room is, but I would request a pool side room myself. I am in agreement with staying on the Reef side as well. For the last few years we have been in Section L.( rms 2128...... on the even side). We always have a room ground floor facing the pool, for the reason that there is a lot of daily activity and you can see or join in the fun right from your patio.

The jacuzzis are amazing, Iusually go early in the morning to get my favorite spot, lol

I have never rented an umbrella, I usually chill out in the chairs by the jacuzzis.

I havent been yet this year but hope to get there before the year end.

Have a great time and if you have anymore questions feel free.....

Grimsby, Canada
Level Contributor
707 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Garden view Room vs Superior Garden view Room

Stayed in the cameleon block of the reef resort. Renovated but dont expect much from this resort. Nothing special. I had a oceanview room with two balconies. One facing the ocean and the other facing the pool. The tubs on the reef are not hot tubs. Dont go there expecting much and ull have a good time. If u have anymore questions just ask. Gutshot

7. Re: Garden view Room vs Superior Garden view Room

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:20 am, September 16, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Sosua