We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sosua Bay Hotel

Which Sosua hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
10 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Sosua Bay Hotel

I've stayed in Sosua Bay Hotel 3 times in the past and am leaving on Sunday to go back for 10 days and am getting worried! Has this hotel gone totally down hill? The reviews are terrible lately on it. Having stayed there in the past I know the pro's (fabulous views, excellent location) and con's (steps, steps and more steps). Is the service terrible there now? Is it clean??

Thanks in advance!

Sosua, Dominican...
Level Contributor
108 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Sosua Bay Hotel

Bob, the website for the Sosua Bay Resort is up again and negotiations are under way to reopen before May 1st. Hopefully things will be far better with the new administration for the benefit of tourism in Sosua.

Sosua, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Sosua, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
17,200 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Sosua Bay Hotel

My fingers are crossed as I wish the new management luck. Do you know who is taking over?

BObK

soo ontario
Level Contributor
313 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Sosua Bay Hotel

I just rerturned from Casa Marina in Sosua. Sosua Bay closed and the guests have been transfered to Casa Marina

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
10 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Sosua Bay Hotel

We booked with Expedia when we went in March. When we were there it was obvious things were about to close and one day the staff refused to open the buffet for lunch. I called Expedia and explained that the staff hadn't been paid and were basically revolting against management and I wanted to change hotels and they were of NO help to me at all. They had me on the phone for hours giving me the run around. In the end I gave up the battle with them and stayed there, as I was spending more time being put on hold so the agent could talk to his manager. I will never book with Expedia again. There was other couples who were calling online sites they booked with and were being moved and they were getting reimbursed and expenses they had while moving hotels. I would cancel your reservation quickly and demand your money back if I was you. I warned them about this hotel over a month ago, they know what is going on there!!

Nyack, New York
1 post
Save Reply
15. Re: Sosua Bay Hotel

Is the hotel open now?

Sosua, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Sosua, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
17,200 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Sosua Bay Hotel

Closed and no sign of life. If it opens again it will be quite a while.

BObK

17. Re: Sosua Bay Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:41 am, June 18, 2013